More cooking, food longevity, and cyclopes alternator

chanster115chanster115 texas Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207087Members
First off I love the game and its amazing but have some ideas to share.

Fridges and Freezers
Fridges and freezers that hold the same as a small locker and are wall mounted. Fridge make cook food last longer but use 15 base power units for every 24hrs in game time. Freezers make raw fish frozen and keep them frozen but at the cost of 20 base power units for every 24hrs in game time. Frozen fish don't degrade but can't be cooked directly and have to be thawed to cook.

Stoves
Something like a stove maybe the size of a fragment Analise-er that can cook food with more benefits and have more in depth recipes.

Alternator and bioreactor tweaks
I think the bioreactor should be able to be placed in the cyclopes and used as a alternator to recharge the sub. Maybe make the bioreactor a wall mounted module to go in the sea base and cyclopes engine room or make a upgrade for the cyclopes to recharge at a base.

Thanks for reading and tell me what you think.

Comments

• RadavvadraRadavvadra South Africa Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207189Members
    edited August 2015
    I like all these ideas and I especially agree with anything that allows me to recharge the cyclops without having to spend ages searching for copper and quartz.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    I believe there is a cyclops upgrade on the rise which will involve solar panels for recharging. When and the exact details of it are unknown.
  • RadavvadraRadavvadra South Africa Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207189Members
    edited August 2015
    I was thinking about how in real life it takes an average person weeks at least to starve to death I know the devs are considering altering the amount of food you need to make it a bit easier to survive. Imo the amount of water you need seems about right (maybe a bit low considering the salt water environment) but I really think that starving to death should be quiet hard normally unless you are injured (food lost to blood loss fighting infections etc).

Oh and on the freezer idea how about calling it Stasis Storage (functions the same way but has a more sci-fi style name)

I'm hoping they also make nutrient block craftable. I even have a recipe idea 2 peeper, 1 creepvine piece, and 1 salt.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    It would normally take several days to starve, but we are also swimming at a pretty constant rate, so caloric burn is going to happen faster. Although I still think the food intake needs to slow down just a bit. seems unrealistic but you really would have to look at how fast the day passes. I would think that six decent sized fish per day would account for heavy calorie burn. 2 morning, 2 lunch, 2 dinner. That would be about standard unless other factors in game cause hunger. Like accidentally eating a raw fish.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    These are all excellent ideas. It would work especially well if the devs include a way for us to grow our own fish for eating along with plants. Maybe have an encyclopedia of all the recipes you can make
  • LeftyLikeLeftyLike Norway Join Date: 2015-04-19 Member: 203638Members
    I would love to see recipies in the game.
    You could make sushi, roasted spadefish with unknown spices and herbs and so on.
    Or would the idea of someone stranded on a planet, cooking gourmet meals, seem kind of silly? :(

Also, you could take the leftovers (bones, etc.) and throw them into the bioreactor.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    You guys might be interested in reading This