Other Rooms and Furnishings for Underwater Bases

NevercallmebynameNevercallmebyname Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207155Members
I built a base it had one room and a hatch and one of everything I could put in it. The room wasn't full.
As I expanded the base I would have spread the furnishings out more had one room for crafting tools and materials, another for... oh wait...

I can see that you've thought about this already because you've got a little hydroponic tube thing in the works but I'm going to throw my idea at the Velcro wall and see if it catches anyway.

So what I tend to do when building a base is designate rooms for different purposes.
So I''d have a small room as, lets call it an airlock. I get out of the water in this room and put my gear in the locker by the wall before going through the bulkhead door into the actual base. the first room would be a casual living area where I can cook up a fish in the kitchen eat it at a table and then relax on a couch while I get over the giant red fish of doom that tried to consume my butt cheeks. The bedroom and the bathroom branch of of this room and then there's a hallway connecting to a lab for research and a workshop for crafting. Then down the ladder is the moon pool and down the very bottom would be an interior engineering room that powers the base perhaps built over a lava cave to use geothermal energy. There'd also be a ladder up to a platform on the surface because I feel it just makes sense to have one and something to dock the Cyclops to.

So yah, after all that unnecessary stuff, the idea is to have more stuff to fill similarly themed rooms so that there's more of a point to building multiple rooms.

Comments

• NevercallmebynameNevercallmebyname Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207155Members
    Now we're getting somewhere. I had an Idea, you have made it into a PLAN
  • chanster115chanster115 texas Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207087Members
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Now these are ideas I can get behind. It'll be cool to have an encyclopedia of all the creatures and plants. Maybe you can arrange them into two categories: Edible and Non-Edible, then for the non edible ones you can sort them by if they're aggressive or not, location, times they are active, etc. The edible ones could show how much they affect your food and water when Raw, Cooked, Cured, Ripe, etc.
  • MouthlessMouthless Australia Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207194Members
    I would love to be able to change the base and seamoth colours like we can with the Cyclops.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    edited August 2015
    @mouthless seamoth color can be changed when you install the control panel in the moonpool. can name it too. will have upgrade ability soon.
  • NevercallmebynameNevercallmebyname Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207155Members
    there's a control panel for the moon pool?
  • zakhm123zakhm123 England Join Date: 2015-08-22 Member: 207386Members
    Things I'd like the most:

Kitchen
    ~Counter Tops - Wall/floor mounted surfaces that you can place items on for display. Put your extra diamonds or quartz on display to snazz up your room. Put your Fragment Analyzer on top to get it off the floor. Countertops would automatically snap to adjacent counters for a solid, consistent row of counters.

~Refrigerator - Wall mounted storage for food and water to keep it fresh for longer. Same storage as a Small Locker. Automatically turns on when food is put in, and constantly drains a tiny amount of power. Automatically turns off when there's no more food inside. Must be researched from a fragment found in the Safe Shallows.

~Cooker - Floor or Countertop mounted machine, about the size of a Fragment Analyzer, that can cook and prepare meals from raw food. replaces the Fabricator as the producer of cooked and cured food. Uses power similar to the Fabricator. Must be researched from a fragment found in the Safe Shallows.

~Hydroponics Farm - Round tube like tank to grow edible plants.

Storage/Factory
    ~Defabricator - Can break down components and items into raw materials. Would be great for Titanium Ingots, allowing them act as compact storage for Titanium. The Defabricator would have a built in 2x5 storage unit below it that would hold excess materials if the player couldn't hold all the broken down bits.

~Foreman Interface - Wall mounted terminal that keeps a list of all nearby storage containers and their inventories.

Sleeping Quarters/Sick Bay
    ~Bed - Large comfy bed to pass time from night to day and vice versa. Would not use power.

~Medi-Bed - Large comfy bed that can also restore your health as you sleep. Uses power relative to amount of HP restored. Must be researched from a fragment found in Kelp Forests.

~First Aid Locker - Small, wall mounted 3x3 cabinet for holding Medkits.

Laboratory
    ~Database Terminal - Catalogues discovered species and blueprints in an encyclopedia type format.

~Wall Charger - Small, 8x8 locker for tools, recharging them quickly from the Base's power.

~Periscope - Telescope that can extend 10 meters above the top of the corridor it's mounted to, and can zoom in on distant objects or creatures.

~Sensor Module - Long range sensors that mount to the top of the room or corridor and can scan for nearby predators, or places/objects of interest like the entrance to the Inactive Lava Zone, or the Floater Island. Sensors detect creatures passively, but scanning for land forms takes a bit of energy.

Maintenance/Engineering
    ~Maintenance Interface - Wall mounted terminal that provides a 3D map of the Base, power supply, hull integrity, with damaged or flooded sections highlighted.

~Wall Light - Lights that the player can change the color, brightness, and strobe of to provide mood lighting to the interior of bases.

all of this stuff sounds both useful and epic
  • PatrickPatrick California Join Date: 2015-08-22 Member: 207363Members
    Cool ideas! I also built a fairly large base, because awesome, but most room are still fairly empty despite having separate rooms for raw materials and fabrication (two stories, I just hop up and down the ladder).
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members

yes, currently the icon is a (?) in the menu. install it in any of the side ports of the moonpool.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    ALSO an EMH

the medical emergency hologram which will heal you and talk to you :P
  • LeuenteichLeuenteich Germany Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207258Members
    Would be nice to have someone to talk to (ingame) as people in solitude tend to turn insane quite fast.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Leuenteich wrote: »
    Would be nice to have someone to talk to (ingame) as people in solitude tend to turn insane quite fast.

Or just put a mirror up and talk to your reflection. It's what I do >.<
  • TijnnultienTijnnultien netherlands Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207447Members
    it would be awesome if they make the Hydroponics Farms, because it is a lot of work to go and cath a fish your hole live or eating vines. I also really like if there were a Laboratory, because then you could find out more about the planet and the animals and plants.
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members

Its only in experimental right now, and not all of the upgrades are finished. It will be in the new seamoth update. Devs say its about 1-2 weeks until completion.

• Shad0wShad0w Texas Join Date: 2015-09-03 Member: 207703Members
    Personally, I'd like to have an airlock of some sort. You know, one that fills up with water before it lets you out, then when you get back in it drains the water. I think it'd be a good component for bases.
    Shad0w wrote: »
    Personally, I'd like to have an airlock of some sort. You know, one that fills up with water before it lets you out, then when you get back in it drains the water. I think it'd be a good component for bases.

I don't really understand how we're getting in and out without flooding the base without having an airlock.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Shad0w wrote: »

I don't really understand how we're getting in and out without flooding the base without having an airlock.

I always make a makeshift one using a T-Corridor with a hatch on the wide side, and a bulkhead on the opposite corridor leading into the base.

Actual airlock would be rad. Though it would prevent people from making bases quickly.

Unless maybe opening the hatch let's in about a corridor's worth of water that has to drain out before you can do anything. So you can still have a relatively early base, but would need to invest in a full airlock for optimal base use.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I too have a makeshift airlock with a watertight door on the opposite end of the tube to the hatch. Never thought about the fact that without that door the whole base should flood when entering/leaving via the airlock. You could always forgo the airlock and enter/exit via the moon pool as it has ladders. :)