Ideas And Bugs...

dylanlolloldylanlollol Canada, PEI Join Date: 2015-08-10 Member: 206969Members
Firstly this is my first unknown worlds forum so please be nice ;)

First Off Lets Start With Bugs...

1: Items Keep Crafting Forever

This occasion is really starting to make me angry since i tried to make a radiation suit in a dire situation about to die from radiation but guess what? it kept crafting and i died
and there was no point going back to the save since the only fabricator i had that was still crafting is bathed in radiation...

2: Spawning In Creatures Too Close

Now this doesn't have to be taken seriously but for the cheat codes people out there you probably had this issue. When you spawn in huge creatures like reefbacks or the reaper leviathans they spawn insanely close
ending up in you getting turned into a morning/afternoon snack for the baddies or just plain old glitching out of your cyclops/base into a walking motion on the sea floor... Anyways thats it for this bug...

3: Minimizing Equals The Menu/Game Not Working Anymore

This also has some reckoning to come to it when sometimes you have to close something in the backround when you just started the game you press Alt+Tab to minimize it and the game should work when you come back right?... Right Guys?... Nope it doesn't, it results in a completely blank/grey menu backround and a cursor that will not move... Yeahhhh *sigh*......

Now Onto The Ideas...

1: Details When Flooding/Sinking...

Now all of us most of experienced sinking or flooding right? batten down the hatches seal every door off... But one thing always gets me, how am i still getting an oxygen supply? its been almost 30 minutes and the power still hasn't cut off yet? Yes im talking about immersion here. After a while the lights should start flickering and shut off until the flooding stops and draining is initiated. Also in a timespan of about 3 minutes the oxygen should stop flowing. Also make the bulkheads in the cyclops for a good purpose like stopping the flooding in a certain area as long as there is no water leaking in there like the sea bases. So back to the oxygen and lights, when the lights go off the only thing lighting up your way is sunlight (if any) or a flashlight... Also when there is no power even in the beginning there is no welcome aboard captain and lights coupled with no oxygen. You have to build some oxygen generators and then hook air pipes to the surface to import it into the base... But back to the worst case conditions, just imagine... Treading the dark powerless hallways with no oxygen with so many seconds to find and exit and bail out... This one is quite long but i think thats it...

2: Explosions Much?

I know explosions might be a little overrated but it would be a cool damage feature for any malfunctions that happen in bases/subs. like adding in some kind of hazardous power source that has the tendency to blow up if not tended to once and a while... Gives more reason to check on your base once and a while eh? heh heh... In the subs its kinda the same pace but instead of like just flooding and the reactor for it staying fresh and ready to be drained, water has pressure right? well inside the ship if the water compresses the reactor for too long it will blow up obliterating the back of the sub and causing a dramatic increase in falling to the ocean floor and flooding.

3: Heat Suit

Since the subnautica dev team is adding in a magma vent they should also add in a heat suit able to withstand the heat levels of the magma vent just like you can resist radiation with the radiation suit! anyways this is a very short idea but it could add for realism one day...

4: Fluid Water System

The title says all, if its possible in a future update you can add a fluid water system where rooms flooding doesn't have just 1 water texture going up filling the room. It should be water grains that should be filling the room. when a ship sinks it fills with water but not as fast as subnautica. The inside water is choppier and also water should slow you down even when walking on ground with water filling, with some sounds of feet treading through water. it would be cool so when you open a bulkhead a tiny bit the water starts a pouring and you start a drowning.

5: An End To This Harsh Hostile Planet

Thats right you heard me, an end to subnautica. I know subnautica is a sandbox game and should be enjoyed in all levels i get that but, what if this time consuming process ends up you leaving the hostile planet?
it would take a long time but you would research parts of a spacecraft capable of leaving the planet and getting you home safely. It would take around 2 real days "about" and finally ends it but its optional for players too when they wanna end a youtube/stream.

6: Water Purifier

Revelation 21:6. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life, freely. If you didnt get that its a fallout refrence but what should matter is that you can build a whole water factory base that will purify water at the cost of energy and bleach with the outcome with free water for a whole lifeform (for a while atleast) It would take a long time too about 30 mins in real time where it takes alot of power but still makes water. The bigger facility you invest in the more water outcome. It has its downsides though, it can heat up and explode if you dont put in cooltant rods to keep it nice and fresh.

7: The Use Of Bot-Workers

The bot workers you see are for making things such as the cyclops or the seamoth right? I have a bigger and better purpose for them while still building subs and such... They can be crafted for some resources (Devs You Can Choose). They can be used as a portable repair machine, put it near something damaged and it will goto work. It will work on entities such as: Cyclops,Seamoth,Sea Bases,Etc...
You can build a combat version of one where it will fight but its kind of weak but you can put ammo upgrades in it to make it better. Keep them worker bots in your pockets kids! you wont regret it once a stalker comes along...

There we have it, thats all my bugs and wishes for this game!
bit of a fallout vibe back there but it doesn't really matter right?
anyways if your reading this far thank you for reading my issues with the game and my details i would love to be added.

And if the subnautica dev team is reading this atleast try and add the realistic sinking part with the explosions much section in if there is too many...

Thank you. -A #1 Subnautica Fan