Cyclops

TheF0CTORTheF0CTOR A Galaxy Far Far Away Join Date: 2015-08-09 Member: 206945Members
edited August 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
The Cyclops needs a bit of updating. Here's what I'd like to see from it:

1. Dock (but not charge) with a base.
2. Nuclear Power. I mean come on, it already exists in-game. It's meant to be!
3. Lock(er?)s 1-5 need to be more than decoration.
4. Bulkeads need animations like they have in the Seabase.

Comments

• GlassToTheArsonGlassToTheArson Join Date: 2011-08-12 Member: 116078Members
    I'm sure this stuff will come in time but I agree completely
  • LeuenteichLeuenteich Germany Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207258Members
    Things i would love to see:

1. Escape pod for Cyclops (somebody mentioned before, not my idea)
    2. CCTV and/or Proximity sensors for maneuvering (both not my own ideas either)
    3. Bulkheads closing automatically when docking/undocking the seamoth
    4. Being able to repair the seamoth while being docked
    5. Some kind of spotlight on the outside of the cyclops for illuminating reallly big caverns (as an upgrade like hull reinforcement?)
    6. Being able to shut the non-seamoth entry for aesthetic reasons. Maybe only open when the Player is near ?
    7. Some use for the monitors on the bridge deck (displaying various intel like real depth, speed and battery charge or as pre-mentioned CCTV)
    8. more interactive consoles like the one on the bridge deck for sub-colour, maybe on the moon pool for changing colour of the seamoth (same options on Cyclops too) and base
  • chanster115chanster115 texas Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207087Members
    Good ideas maybe a bioreactor for the cyclopes as well.
  • BennyH2OBennyH2O England Join Date: 2015-08-19 Member: 207287Members
    I think you should be able to enter through the bottom without leaving your base so basically a dock for the cyclops
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Leuenteich wrote: »
    Things i would love to see:

1. Escape pod for Cyclops (somebody mentioned before, not my idea)

that'd be the Seamoth m8

• LeuenteichLeuenteich Germany Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207258Members
    edited August 2015
    I thought of something like this (found the post again, down on page one), personally I just liked the concept art, cyclops would have place for that, so why not ? Also, a smaller version of the cyclops would be nice with less interior room for storage, but a docking bay for the seamoth, more power efficiency and generally easier to control, as cyclops is a really damn big submarine (simply: a submarine for exploring, as cyclops has the dimensions of a small base).

Edit: Also with the exosuit coming, your seamoth escape vehicle argument is kind of invalid. We don't know yet if the Exosuit will be suited for escape pod tasks and the seamoth isn't suited for deeper diving
    (which may change, so well ...).