Learning how to Command while Offline

Cosmic_FlareCosmic_Flare Join Date: 2007-03-07 Member: 60276Members
Hello everyone,

I've just recently had a new computer built, providing me the ability to play NS2. Having played NS1 quite a bit in my earlier years, I have a very rudimentary understanding of Commanding in NS2. I have watched the videos of people commanding on this website. However, I still feel very overwhelmed and, to be quite frank, intimidated when I attempt to play a game online.

Is there an offline resource I can utilize that would allow me to practice commanding offline with bots? I just want to understand upgrade trees and hotkeys outside of a online game, so that I can be confident and prepared when playing with real players.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2015
    Hello everyone,

I've just recently had a new computer built, providing me the ability to play NS2. Having played NS1 quite a bit in my earlier years, I have a very rudimentary understanding of Commanding in NS2. I have watched the videos of people commanding on this website. However, I still feel very overwhelmed and, to be quite frank, intimidated when I attempt to play a game online.

Is there an offline resource I can utilize that would allow me to practice commanding offline with bots? I just want to understand upgrade trees and hotkeys outside of a online game, so that I can be confident and prepared when playing with real players.

Hi, have a look at the Training section in the main menu. It provides a sandbox mode and a way to play with bots.

Furthermore when you go commander the first time a in-game tutorial should start helping you out with the start.

If you have any feedback or questions don't hesitate to post them here.

We are currently activly looking into how to make NS2 more rookie (new player) friendly so any feedback could help us ;)
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    @Cosmic_Flare Add me on Steam and I'll help you learn the basics while you're in the chair.