Some new things i saw today :)

solar71solar71 usa Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205276Members
Hey guys...
Just wanted to let you know what I found today... (For those not playing on Experimental)

1) I found 2 fragments of a Thermal Generator. (research) :)
2) I found 4 deposits of Aluminum Oxide. (heat protection) :)
3) I found an area heavily populated by those new plants with the gatherable clear membrane. (but I wasn't able to gather them) :(
4) I found these really cool looking small blue crystals that give off a nice blue glow (but when I picked them up, it said none) :(

That's it for today !!! bye

Comments

• LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited August 2015
    Number 3 is the grand reef, a new biome, membranes will be gatherable soon. 4) those crystals are already in non experimental aswell i believe, but not as "none", but not gatherable at all for now. it is already known what they will be used for, but i forgot the name of it. EDIT: Its mercury ore
  • NS-SoldierNS-Soldier Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 179856Members
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    ooh! Are the termal Reactor Fragments in already? Nice, it has begun^^
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Something fun I saw:

If you're inside a base and remove the only hatch, you get teleported outside, and can walk around on the seafloor without your oxygen draining. Though you can no longer swim, and falling down a hole is basically "Yeah ok reload your save"
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    Something fun I saw:

If you're inside a base and remove the only hatch, you get teleported outside, and can walk around on the seafloor without your oxygen draining. Though you can no longer swim, and falling down a hole is basically "Yeah ok reload your save"

It probably happened when you removed a hatch from a room or moonpool right?
    Works only if you stand inside the piece that is removed. Also works with windows at the end of a corridor.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    the window issue should be fixed in experimental, if not let me know.
    Ticket:
    https://trello.com/c/TpwUG4Lr/392-escaping-the-base-to-walk-the-sea-bed-window-ladder

Not sure the status on the hatch + room issue. max mentioned a ticket but I dont see one anywhere.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Something fun I saw:

It probably happened when you removed a hatch from a room or moonpool right?
    Works only if you stand inside the piece that is removed. Also works with windows at the end of a corridor.

Happened in both a Room and a Corridor when I was removing the Hatch.