SEA EMPEROR OR SEA DRAGON LEVIATHAN?

2»

Comments

• destroyah87destroyah87 Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206913Members
  • Breacher64Breacher64 Reapers Stomach Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207810Members
    Reason 1: I like to flow out of the group.
    Reason 2: Looks at my profile pic.
    Reason 3: The Dragon might be bigger, and plus its just bad ass in general.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    You should link the pictures against the Subnautica Wiki!

And I don't get why people claim that the Sea Emperor is bigger than the Sea Dragon Leviathan. The Subnautica Wiki pictures are big and have full detail, but comparing the diver against the body from those pictures the Sea Dragon Leviathan looks even bigger in size than the Sea Emperor.

The name Emperor suggests he is ruling the Sea, but probably through intelligence, while the Leviathan name suggests a bigger size too and maybe more raw power. He has claws and is probably aggressive. So I'd like to see him sink my cyclops. On the other side the Emperor might be guarded by Leviathans and never be seen alone. Or with a swarm of warpers, as those creatures together with the Emperor seem to be the dominant sentient lifeforms of Subnautica.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    What if the Sea Emperor was like a "King" Sea Dragon that commanded the smaller creatures?

Like you could find Sea Dragons in the Grand Reef, but the Sea Emperor would be deeper in the Lava Cave.
  • BIPPITYBIPPITY England Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205283Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    You should link the pictures against the Subnautica Wiki!

And I don't get why people claim that the Sea Emperor is bigger than the Sea Dragon Leviathan. The Subnautica Wiki pictures are big and have full detail, but comparing the diver against the body from those pictures the Sea Dragon Leviathan looks even bigger in size than the Sea Emperor.

The name Emperor suggests he is ruling the Sea, but probably through intelligence, while the Leviathan name suggests a bigger size too and maybe more raw power. He has claws and is probably aggressive. So I'd like to see him sink my cyclops. On the other side the Emperor might be guarded by Leviathans and never be seen alone. Or with a swarm of warpers, as those creatures together with the Emperor seem to be the dominant sentient lifeforms of Subnautica.

Artist said the Sea Emperor is bigger.
    BIPPITY wrote: »
    Artist said the Sea Emperor is bigger.

This artist should update with some graphics to show us. The Subnautica Wiki is telling the opposite with its pictures.
  • NaaliNaali U.S. Join Date: 2015-08-23 Member: 207397Members
    Sea emperor:
    tumblr_lb6gberyWp1qajasao1_500.gif

Also why not both? They're fairly similar, make it a "regional thing" like another video game's aquatic critters

*cough*
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
  • SmashBrownSmashBrown Kerbin Join Date: 2015-08-27 Member: 207523Members
  • BloopBloop Germany Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207553Members
    An Epic Fight would be very cool! ;-)
    edited September 2015
    Despite the Sea Dragon's smaller size I feel it would win... I mean its got claws and a huge mouth which probably has HUGE teeth, the Sea Emperor has a tiny mouth and big mantis claws, though the Sea Emperor most likely wins in a battle of wits.
    Bloop wrote: »

Despite the Sea Dragon's smaller size I feel it would win... I mean its got claws and a huge mouth which probably has HUGE teeth, the Sea Emperor has a tiny mouth and big mantis claws, though the Sea Emperor most likely wins in a battle of wits.

You forgot the telepathic master brain of the Sea Emperor. His mind can drive the fauna and even the flora of Subnautica insane. Before he enters a biome, the flora of a biome changes, like mushrooms starting to frequently change size. When he enters a biome the fish will start to swim in circles and predators stop hunting. His underwater sound is a bit eerie and rhytmic. If you look him close into his eyes your vision will start to blurr, then your head will start spinning, you will lose all player controls, black out and find yourself somewhere else later. The Sea Dragon is no match for the Emperor of the Subnautica Sea.

It will be a very short one. The Sea Emperor will call in a swarm of crashers to explode in a cascade right around the Sea Dragon. Then the bunch of Reapers guarding the Emperor will finish what's left of the Dragon.
    zetachron wrote: »

You forgot the telepathic master brain of the Sea Emperor. His mind can drive the fauna and even the flora of Subnautica insane. Before he enters a biome, the flora of a biome changes, like mushrooms starting to frequently change size. When he enters a biome the fish will start to swim in circles and predators stop hunting. His underwater sound is a bit eerie and rhytmic. If you look him close into his eyes your vision will start to blurr, then your head will start spinning, you will lose all player controls, black out and find yourself somewhere else later. The Sea Dragon is no match for the Emperor of the Subnautica Sea.

It will be a very short one. The Sea Emperor will call in a swarm of crashers to explode in a cascade right around the Sea Dragon. Then the bunch of Reapers guarding the Emperor will finish what's left of the Dragon.

What...?
    Only, fantasy. But now I favor the Sea Emperor.
    Sea Emperor is Waifu
  • CasualRagdollCasualRagdoll Seattle Join Date: 2015-09-11 Member: 207886Members
    I could see both of these beasts in the game! Perhaps they could be "bosses" that guard certain areas that have special loot (like a beast's lair), to add to the end game content. Of course I don't want actual bosses in the game, but having some big challenges would be nice.
    Big challenges? Like the Reaper wasn't a big enough challenge already? But we do have a weapon to combat him now so... Bring on the creatures with immunity to everything.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Seldkam wrote: »
    Even though it isn't, I always am biased with something that has "Dragon" in its name :P

Same here.

Plus, it's huge, and I think its face looks cooler.