What do you most want to see in the future?

13»

Comments

• Prince_ErebusPrince_Erebus USA Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204521Members
    Foxilla wrote: »
    I'd like to see some carnivorus plants catching and eating their prey as well as maybe a bed to sleep in, some more bioluminescent creatues, better terraforming options so i can make sand and not the weird rock stuff. I also saw something a long the lines of a teleporting squid thing, that'd be pretty neat. I'd be more of less just happy with some sort of squid creatures even if it was small enough to put into an aquarium. Also I'd like to see an option to place and move around plants and things or just to get some seeds or saplings because I'd like to decorate my base with some acid mushrooms as well as move some creepvines into the kelp forest area because I've cut a lot down since I started playing this game. Also some way to either recharge battery cells or adding on some solar panels to the cyclops, that would be magnificent.

The carnivorous plant really sounds like something that should be in the blood kelp biome that's going to be implemented one day.... It would fit really well with the competitive environment too! I like this idea.
    I would love to see a shape-shifting fish of some sort, like it can disguise as a plant but when you get too close it will change back into its normal form and attack

While this creature sounds like it should belong in the lost river biome. Being unsure of the objects around you provides a new feeling of fear and challenge. I love these creature ideas, but it has to have some form of give away, something nearly impossible to spot from afar, but not impossible to notice up close. Like maybe translucent antenna sticking out so it can "sense" you kind of thing.
    Eldeberon wrote: »
    Has anyone suggested a player "log" feature? I find I would like to jot down notes such as to where I found a certain resource. I can do it on paper, but then I lose them because they aren't in the game itself. If some of it could be automated such as longitude and latitude, depth, date, or even thumbnail screen shot, that would be extra cool. If anyone has read The Martian by Andy Weir you'll know the significance of a log, and it might be cool to have a short player made history. "Day One, found salt. Made water just in time before I died." "Day Two caught a puffer fish with my bare hands and ate him raw! I am the man!" "Day three: I learned cooking the puffer fish works a lot better. I'm a civilized man." "Day 4: Holy shit you can make water from puffer fish. Why the hell was I eating them? I'm an idiot!"

If it didn't totally suck up all the server space in the world, having these logs post themselves on-line so others could read them would be kinda nifty too. Or not. But it would help to remember all the good times, and where I last found that great field of lithium.

If camera's were ever added to the game, I think video logs would be much, MUCH, cooler. There's writing about it, and then there's reviewing it for your leisure and pleasure. Plus, imagine if you had special fish that could only be seen and caught by said camera.... Or even have the camera being a way to detect the camouflage creature stated by Sammythediver using heat vision or something. It's also a perfect tool for a game about exploration. Simple as well.

Though, it seems like the most requested thing from everyone is "more interactions between the sea life." I have to agree with that one, since this is almost totally a game about observation and exploration. I'd say survival too if survival was difficult, but.... It's not.... Not even on hardcore. Food is too abundant and easy to catch, plenty of ways to preserve such catches, including just not cooking them. With the seamoth, stasis rifle, and cyclops, it's almost impossible to die unless you make a very grievously stupid or greedy mistake. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you, difficulty isn't necessarily the main thing needed in a game, especially not one like this.... Honestly, the difficulty will probably amp up when all of the creatures are finally added. I don't think i'd see a seamoth survive a collision with an electric pulse from a shocker. Nor do I think it could take more than 2 hits from a Rock Puncher, them being able to probably punch at many times the strength of a mantis shrimp. Could probably two hit, maybe even one hit the player realistically.

But I digress, these are very cool ideas.
  • Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
  • Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    beacon point at base
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    Chris1217 wrote: »
    beacon point at base

I think this would be good if you could build a main control station of some sort then have an antenna that you can mount on the outside of the base to broadcast the beacon signal.
    paradine wrote: »
    Chris1217 wrote: »
    beacon point at base

I think this would be good if you could build a main control station of some sort then have an antenna that you can mount on the outside of the base to broadcast the beacon signal.

the moon pool have an antenna (a useless one by the way).
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    This would make it useful.
  • smackumzsmackumz US Join Date: 2015-10-13 Member: 208465Members
    - More invertebrates! Where's the jellyfish, octopus, and cephalopods? Most things in the subnautica look as if they have a skeletal structure of some sort. I would think there would be more things that are squishy like aforementioned.
    - Roaming storms. weather impacts would be cool.
    - Arctic biome (I know this was worked on /discussed but it just sounds awesome!)
    - A biome with methane gas releases that impact buoyancy of the player and submersibles, weird magnetic disturbances that cause the compass to go crazy, the aquatic life here could be more suited to the seabed rather than swimming about, could include some very deep holes in the sea floor.
    - I would think there would be some larger less aggressive fish like Groupers, Tuna, Tarpon. If there are predators that are that big, what are they eating cause the tiny minnows wouldn't be enough!
  • SammythediverSammythediver michigan Join Date: 2015-10-11 Member: 208417Members
    OK so update on my ideas for creatures: The Sea Butcher(er): The Sea Butcher is half the size of a Reaper and has five eyes on its face, Its mouth is below its eyes and consists of 2 horizontal flaps (other side of flaps has teeth,the Sea Butcher has 2 arms that protrude from the sides of its belly (NOTE that it swims like a reaper) that are simular to the warpers arms but much bigger and more scyth like,these are its prime weapons and damage the player for 65 health. Lastly its under body is white but everything else on it is a golden yellow color.
  • oliveking7575oliveking7575 atlanta, georgia, usa Join Date: 2015-12-10 Member: 209870Members
    meeeeep7 wrote: »
    I personally want to see more depth and much, MUCH bigger creatures. Probably the most horrifying thing I can imagine is being in the deep ocean surrounded by darkness when suddenly I see a strange shape drifting towards me. Also, multiplayer so I can actually play the game without pissing myself.
    Everything you mentioned sounds like lost river. I can't wait for the spine eel:D
  • IcewaveIcewave Canada Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208906Members
    HYDROPONIC TANKS AND AIR!!!!!
  • IcewaveIcewave Canada Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208906Members
  • SwivelSwivel China Join Date: 2015-12-26 Member: 210374Members
    I think it would be cool if they implemented a zone where it disables all electrical stuff I.e C moth, requiring u to explore the vast barren land on yr own. And in this place, this is where all the "big fish" spawns and wouldn't it be freaky if u were swimming with limited vision and suddenly a C emperors so underneath u just silently staring at u from the darkness below...
    Sorta like a"no mans land" or the "Dead zone " and I think will really bring curiosity to some players who want to find out what's "out there "