Some thoughts about SN-Sharks

Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
Hi there!
There are some things a wanted to say about Stalkers for a while now and recently also Bonesharks.

___
Stalkers:
I don't know how to feel about those guys. They look like they can deal out the pain but most of the time they goof around playing with scrap metal and catching peepers. Overall they feel more like scary Dolphins than Predators. They hang around in groups doing what looks like cleaning their environment, so i assume they are kinda social and intelligent.
Also, i think their jaws don't look too useful for cathing prey their own size. Of course it's not unthinkable but they do eat small fish for a fact.

So my question is: How likeable is it, that stalkers attack a human just because he's there? I said it before and i'll say it again, stalkers should be much more peaceful (or much less in numbers xD) and have aggression triggers like blood in the water or certain noises.

I find it kinda silly that most creatures bigger than dogs are displayed like mindless killing machines.

___
Bonesharks:
They. Are. Everywhere.

I'm aware, that there are not that many different creatures in the game yet, but i showed the game to a friend of mine yesterday and i had the feeling that every place except kelp-forests and shallows was filled to the brim with bonesharks.
I can kinda understand the wish of some people to have leathal weapons, it's so obnoxious!

Don't get me wrong, i love bonesharks. They are cool designwise and their überagressive nature gives every dive in an area inhabited by these a certain thrill. But as soon as there are more than two banging against your seamoth (ugly sound btw) you can pretty much go elsewhere and come back later.
They'd be so cool as lone wolfs roaming the sea and ripping appart everything they find ... a bit like a reaper, but managable.

Comments

• SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Agree bonesharks-- but I have a feeling that they will soon have other creatures in the respective zones so that you don't only focus on them (and sandsharks are really quite pointless at their current state, they can't do much to you at all xD)
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    The Stalkers teeth are actully good for Killing bigger prays. Such as the Gasopod a stalker could bring one down if it wasn't for the gas. Also one good example about the teeth are the saber tooth it is very efficent for Killing manmoth's!
    Also the size of the Stalker is absolutley NOT as big as a dog!!!! It is actully bigger then the player himself you can compare them if you type in (FREECAM) in the command slot.
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    If you mean prehistoric tigers by saber tooth, well i heard their teeth were pretty much useless. Teeth that big and brittle would immediately break in close combat.
    At least stalkers seem to have some kind of biological mechanism to regrow theeth really fast.

But i found this yesterday ... kinda solves the problem.
    https://trello.com/c/uPcBpW9p/4670-stalkers-don-t-like-large-meat-targets-so-they-attack-the-player-when-close