I have had enough of your shenanigans Reapers

LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
Everytime i go where the reapers are to get the mysterious signal, they both spawn RIGHT INFRONT OF ME, giving me a heartattack, eating my seamoth before i can stop them with my stasis rifle. One of them even ate my seamoth and bugged it into the ground let it go there and now its stuck somewhere 100 meters under the sand and im like seriously pissed. How does this happen, cant the reapers roam the place like any other creature in this game, why do they always need to both spawn right in my face. Its immersion breaking and impossible to deal with. Its not like "where they gonna come from?!" but like "I thought there would be rea-HOLY MOLY" This part could be one of the most tense moments in the now existing game but the fun gets completely destroyed by the reaper sorcerers. They appear out of thin air and let my seamoth disappear into the ground. Like is my game bugged or is it normal for them both to spawn right in my face going all like "PEEKABOO!"

EDIT: This time I had worse luck, the signal wasnt even in the crate, a reaper got hold of my seamoth put it down to 1hp but i froze him and got in it to safe myself from suffocation, but i was at 9% health thanks to radiation and little predators and when i exited the seamoth it killed me... the reapers and the bugs win.. this time.. for they have won the battle, but not the war. But for now, screw this, im going to sleep. Atleast this last time i had fun, because the whole situation was just ridicolous, I was sweating so much trying to survive and then i get killed by what i thought would be my best friend.

Comments

• SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Agreed, reapers spawn and de spawn too... Which shouldn't happen lol
  • DchicoteDchicote Germany Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204901Members
  • LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Dchicote wrote: »
    early access ...

I think ill make a Video next time i try to get there, ill call it "Me against the Early Access Underwater Hazards"
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Early access means bugs be aplenty yes, but it does not hurt to report them. :)
  • LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    You all seem to think i didnt know this is early access and that i didnt report them.. The question I had was if the reaper spawning infront of your face is normal, or if my game or save file is particularly bugged and this is in fact not normal. Also I needed to vent and share the story :P
    I don't think it's a bug really, just a way for the reaper to be in the game and not cause performance issues I assume
    Seldkam wrote: »
    I don't think it's a bug really, just a way for the reaper to be in the game and not cause performance issues I assume

Hm, then I hope it wont be like this forever.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z1s8XpCJBaI

Here is the video, i had fun making it, im not advertising my channel or anything, its not listed anyway.. its just for fun and if anybody wants about 6 minutes of hopefully entertainment you can watch me fight cruel Moth-Snatching reapers. :(
    Heh, pretty entertaining indeed

But the first time you see the reaper sums up the issue with it in a nutshell :P I mean it spawned within chomping distance of you lol
    Heh, pretty entertaining indeed

But the first time you see the reaper sums up the issue with it in a nutshell :P I mean it spawned within chomping distance of you lol

Exactly! Thanks for the compliment calling someone entertaining is pretty much the nicest thing :D
    If you made more SN videos I'd probably watch them (maybe even subscribe ;D )

But I get it if you don't have the time :P
    If you made more SN videos I'd probably watch them (maybe even subscribe ;D )

But I get it if you don't have the time :P

Now im seriously thinking about making more haha

If i have another idea and feel like i can be entertaining imma make another one!