NSL News: Skulks with Shotguns Replay and Many Thanks

PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
Saturday, the 11th of July, was the first time the NSL has arranged a new kind of event. It was requested by many players in the community and it was more than successful. 5 teams fought through almost three hours of intense games. I was part of one of those teams myself and I can honestly say that it was amazing and exciting. No promises, but due to the huge amount of fun it provided to both players and viewers, we'll be tempted to handle another similar tournament in the future.

But right away, I've gotta thank Hoeloe and Luchs for taking care of this long but thrilling race by handling the NSL stream. They did an excellent job! I can't forget to thank Tudy for his organization and hard work which allowed this tourney to happen. He's been more than essential. And at last, Flaterectomy and all the modders who have contributed by making this wonderful mod and dedicated maps. As a reward, the names of the winners will be written on a commemorative plaque in the Gorgasm Ready Room.

Finally, for those who missed it, go check the replay here and enjoy: https://www.youtube.com

On a sidenote, a huge thanks to Swalk for taking his timeto write up the whole history of the NSL during its time in NS2. If you've ever wondered what the NSL was like when it began its role in NS2, or what has happened with it up to this point, please have a look at this article.