Hard core mode = No compass ?

solar71solar71 usa Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205276Members
Hey guys.

I think it's great that hard core mode is harder to play then the other modes, but
To be honest, removing the compass doesn't feel like a good way to achieve this.

In my personal opinion, since the compass is crafted, it shouldn't be removed from the game.
It feels like it should be more difficult to craft. More resources required. But removing it completely
Feels wrong.

Almost feels like a cheap way of making the game more difficult. Not more challenging.

Just my opinion. Unless of course this is just a temporary thing?

Comments

• subnautica4lifesubnautica4life united states Join Date: 2015-07-11 Member: 206106Members
    edited July 2015
    I agree you should have to collect different resources to build not just take it away completely.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Heck, I don't normally even use a compass in freedom mode. Who the hell wants to know where they are going in this game..
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    The good thing of a compass is 'knowing' where you are going.
    The bad thing of a compass is NOT knowing where you are going, as you need not memorise, as the compass tells you.