Bought and played this game over the weekend. These are my hopes for its future.

Silk_SkSilk_Sk United States Join Date: 2015-01-03 Member: 200602Members
I fell in love with this game years ago as soon as the concept art surfaced. I resisted getting into early access last year because I wanted a fuller experience, but I couldn't wait any longer during this sale. So, after having played and experienced most of the game (never found any floating islands, sadly. Not even after a reset) I'd like to give some feedback about the direction I hope this game will take.

Now, of course there are things I wish were included in the game or things I'd like improved. Most of the obvious changes and features are already planned and I won't reiterate them. I love all of it. What I want to talk about is something I don't yet see included in the big picture, and that is increased environment interaction. Not just between the player the game, but between game elements as well.

Right now, this game is like minecraft. Your world is your resource and you consume it. That's a perfectly serviceable model with loads of potential, but I feel this game deserves something more. It deserves an ecosystem. This creature eats that creature, but is afraid of this other creature which avoids this poisonous plant, but this creature here is immune to its poison and uses it for defense against etc. Currently, the only time I see the environment interact with itself is when a Stalker eats something.

Right now, there are only two things you need to know about a creature. A: Can I eat it? B: Can it eat me? I want there to be a benefit to knowing more than that. For example, say there's this rare resource I need but it is only found inside caves full of poisonous crab bats or something. However, I see there's this armored carnivore that freely swims into these caves. But, the creature is too hostile to approach and you need a tool to harvest the armor. Bleeders often feed off this carnivore, so its teeth are sharp enough to penetrate it. Get some bleeder teeth and upgrade a knife with it. Now you need to get close. Fortunately, you've constructed a harmonizer that records and mimics creatures' cries. You record a friendly noise from the carnivore, sound it back at it, and make it docile enough to let you cut off some armor. Use the armor to make a suit that you can use to enter the cave and harvest that resource. Naturally, these tools and creatures would have unique uses and interactions with other elements as well, but the point is that study and observation of the world should be essential to your survival.

Also, I want a pet reaper leviathan.

Comments