Solar panels

AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
Excuse how do i get a solar panel? and how do they work?

do they produce 1% energy per second? that's a lot actually :) It might save me a lot of energy cells.

I saw on the wiki they should be builtable trough the fabricator but...they don't appear on it! help please!

Comments

• SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    Solar panels aren't yet implemented in the stable version. Not sure about experimental. They will be buildable with a builder.
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    oh dang it...is it sure however they'll be implemented in the stable version? please make it a priority.
  • Simking124Simking124 Canada Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204542Members
    I'm hoping they don't make the solar panels too OP. As an unlimited power source it should charge slowly and be somewhat costly to build.
  • xandria0079xandria0079 Somewhere around nowhere Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204861Members
    They're only in the experimental build as far as I can tell. Unlimited power but the deeper you place them the less power they generate. Bases seem to store some power (filling up to 100%) but that can be quickly used though the night if doing a lot of crafting.
  • conscioussoulconscioussoul Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204607Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Each crafting takes 10% power, it seems.  When base power goes under 20% the fabricator says "underpowered" and stops working. Same for the workbench. So far in experimental you can put a solar panel almost anywhere around your base (outside), on the ground.  So in effect, so far, it seems that it makes the plateform foundation obsolete, since you don't need it to place your power.  I think eventually the devs are adding power cables, not sure.