Alterra Science Update Released! - Subnautica

2»

Comments

• MightyDragonofAweMightyDragonofAwe Unknown Join Date: 2015-05-30 Member: 205044Members
    AWESOME!

Now, if you guys could work on the framerate for people with non-gaming computers....

I don't quite understand people like this. You are playing a modern computer game. Go buy a proper computer. If these guys have to dumb it down for crappy computers, then it'll be a crappy game. Not their fault, people need to get with the times.
    Well, considering 90% of the populous doesnt have parents who throw money around and/or their own money to throw around, its kind of a flawed idea.
  • R1600TurboR1600Turbo AZ, USA Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204090Members
    AWESOME!

Now, if you guys could work on the framerate for people with non-gaming computers....

I don't quite understand people like this. You are playing a modern computer game. Go buy a proper computer. If these guys have to dumb it down for crappy computers, then it'll be a crappy game. Not their fault, people need to get with the times.
    Well, considering 90% of the populous doesnt have parents who throw money around and/or their own money to throw around, its kind of a flawed idea.
    And how many out of that 90% actually play PC games? I would bet not very many. As I stated in my last post, gaming PCs can be had for fairly cheap. People can't expect to play a modern PC game on a $350 Walmart computer and definitely can't expect game developers to cater to low end systems. It's been stated many times that this game can run on pretty low specs anyway.
  • MightyDragonofAweMightyDragonofAwe Unknown Join Date: 2015-05-30 Member: 205044Members
    AWESOME!

And how many out of that 90% actually play PC games? I would bet not very many. As I stated in my last post, gaming PCs can be had for fairly cheap. People can't expect to play a modern PC game on a $350 Walmart computer and definitely can't expect game developers to cater to low end systems. It's been stated many times that this game can run on pretty low specs anyway.
    I dont fully agree with you, but yeah, considering the 350$ walmart computers of today are running i7 cores and have 8Gb rams.... What're your computer's specs? I want to know cause im planning on buying one. since yours can run subnautica on max then i'll just consider those specs the minimum.
  • R1600TurboR1600Turbo AZ, USA Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204090Members
    t fully agree with you, but yeah, considering the 350$ walmart computers of today are running i7 cores and have 8Gb rams.... What're your computer's specs? I want to know cause im planning on buying one. since yours can run subnautica on max then i'll just consider those specs the minimum.
    Well the Walmart thing was just a guess, and now that I look at their website they even sell build your own gaming PC's for as low as $420. 

My PC was purchased second hand on craigslist for $550 and here's the specs:
    • AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    • Intel Core i5-4430 3GHz Quad Core
    • MSI H81M-P33 MB
    • 8GB Ram (upgrading to 16GB soon)
    • 1TB HDD
    • Corsair TX750
    • Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • mlins99mlins99 Brazil Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205115Members
    edited May 2015
    How can i update??? my game is on the old version, and do not update yet.. do i have to download the newest version? i will lost all my progress?
  • x1Alpha2014x1Alpha2014 Germany Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204528Members
    I had the same problem with the update, dunno why it not downloading automatically and I dunno how I solved this problem. But i know I've done this with a right mousebutton klick on the game :D
  • mlins99mlins99 Brazil Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205115Members
    I had the same problem with the update, dunno why it not downloading automatically and I dunno how I solved this problem. But i know I've done this with a right mousebutton klick on the game :D
    what you do to update?
  • Hyp3rionHyp3rion Australia Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202396Members
    Wow! Great update! :D
  • Cynder_DragonbornCynder_Dragonborn United Staes Join Date: 2015-04-17 Member: 203557Members
    Oooooh thank you! Thank you so much. You even used my heat knife idea! I didn't post it unfortunatley, but thank you so much!!!!
  • endergamerXDendergamerXD german Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204900Members
    how do you download the update
  • SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    how do you download the update
    The game should update itself on Steam.