Things that NEED to be fixed. Rant incoming.

DavycannonhoundDavycannonhound Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201527Members
1. Spawning:
I fixed the ship, got in my cyclops, went to a place with some crates, grabbed the loot, got back in my seamoth to head to the cyclops, and a Reaper grabs my seamoth and destroys it and eats me. Where do I spawn? Not in my cyclops, not in my lifepod, but in the ENGINE ROOM. WITH THREE REAPERS INBETWEEN ME AND MY CYCLOPS. THREE. WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THERE!?
2. Reapers:
They go underground ALL THE TIME. They're scary as heck in the water. But when they can burrow in and out of the ground?? NO. Just NO. That makes them practically gods. Because they can literally come out of nowhere. Also, they can apparently sense me in the cyclops because they are ramming my cyclops into the ground and ship, throwing it in the air, etc. It's impossible to move.
3. Resources:
Things like salt, limestone chunks, and quartz should respawn because of natural occurrences. Also food fish should respawn as well.
4. Power consumption:
I know there is the power upgrade module. It's all handy dandy. But the cyclops still chews up power way too fast.

Comments

• ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    edited May 2015
    2. Reapers:
    They go underground ALL THE TIME. They're scary as heck in the water. But when they can burrow in and out of the ground?? NO. Just NO. That makes them practically gods. Because they can literally come out of nowhere. Also, they can apparently sense me in the cyclops because they are ramming my cyclops into the ground and ship, throwing it in the air, etc. It's impossible to move.

Well.. They're not there for decoration :p I never knew they could burrow, fascinating.

On other points I kinda agree with you. Although I wouldn't mind Cyclops using that much power if quartz would be renewable or replacable somehow (for power cells).
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Whenever those situations happen, I recommend you just spawn-in something to help you out.

Everything listed is likely on UWE's todo list. However, they are currently focused more on mechanics than balancing.
  • DavycannonhoundDavycannonhound Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201527Members
    Reefseeker wrote: »
    2. Reapers:

Well.. They're not there for decoration :p I never knew they could burrow, fascinating.

On other points I kinda agree with you. Although I wouldn't mind Cyclops using that much power if quartz would be renewable or replacable somehow (for power cells).

It's a glitch. Not an intended game mechanic.
  • DavycannonhoundDavycannonhound Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201527Members
    Racer1 wrote: »
    Whenever those situations happen, I recommend you just spawn-in something to help you out.

Everything listed is likely on UWE's todo list. However, they are currently focused more on mechanics than balancing.

How do I spawn in something?
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited May 2015
    1. The respawning back in the ladder-room on the power generator was fixed with 'Alterra science update'. I was hoping this got fixed before the Aurora crash ship update, but sadly it was discovered last minute and everyone was out of the office.
    2. Yes, I wish this was fixed, I think there will be something soon to keep them 'real-time updating colliders'
    3. No respawning. Things to compensate this would be features in the long-run, such as using a terraformer to find materials
    4. Power upgrade module- When I used it, it didn't seem to chew it up fast for me anyways. It is more of a 'mobile base' for me, I use my seamoth for traveling.

As you know, it is still early access, there is plenty of features to come, fixing things such as increasing power of the module, or allowing respawn is not really necessary as you have to think of upcoming features in this regard.

F8/F3 > enable console > 'item XXXXX' (XXXXX being item name)... example 'item highcapacitytank 4' (4 being number) -- Cheating is for noobs though :P

Thanks for the feedback!!
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    In the OPs case, its not cheating. Its working around a game bug.