The Weather

Simking124Simking124 Canada Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204542Members
On a planet covered mostly water, I'd like to think that the weather would be quite extreme. Water vapor would be constantly fueling whichever storm cell popped up and the wind would be howling with no land to slow it (not that i want wind all the time). Anyone else waiting for a storm to come along?

Comments

• ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    Simking124 wrote: »
    On a planet covered mostly water, I'd like to think that the weather would be quite extreme. Water vapor would be constantly fueling whichever storm cell popped up and the wind would be howling with no land to slow it (not that i want wind all the time). Anyone else waiting for a storm to come along?

Although I just love the current warm & sunny weather of the game, an occasional stormy/cloudy/rainy day would make me enjoy the sunshine way more.
  • aussie_heartaussie_heart Australia Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204864Members
    YES! I totally agree, stormy weather! Kind of like in Star Wars II, the water planet Kamino. Every now and then wild weather sets a new mood to the gameplay. Maybe the water could go foggy in shallow area's?
  • TerraBladeTerraBlade Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204886Members
    I wouldn't mind weather, but I honestly only really want it if it will have some sort of effect on the player. For instance swimming on the surface during a thunderstorm has a risk of you getting struck.
  • sharvysharvy North Carolina Join Date: 2015-04-28 Member: 203902Members
    Yah I agree with Terra. And weather would be a great feature that they could work on after the upcoming update
  • Simking124Simking124 Canada Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204542Members
    I agree with TerraBlade. The weather needs to have a noticable impact on the player. It would be a travesty if it ended up like minecraft rain and just annoyed everyone!
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    Hurricanes, tropical storms, waterspouts, downbursts, tsunamis, and powerful upwelling – all need to be implemented.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    It's been stated many times, but probably not for a while, so newer members may not have seen... storms and weather are planned, not implemented yet. I even remember reading a post months ago saying the effects had already been worked on to some extent, but they're working on other content first.
  • TeslaCuilTeslaCuil usa Join Date: 2015-05-29 Member: 205010Members
    It would be really cool if the weather conditions also effect the ocean surface. For example, storms would cause the ocean to have larger more violent waves.
  • Simking124Simking124 Canada Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204542Members
    Yup, rogue waves when you least expect em could be interesting. Would also make the shallow reefs a dangerous place during storms. Wouldn't want to be slammed into coral repeatedly. 
  • reaperLeviathenfoodreaperLeviathenfood florida Join Date: 2015-05-19 Member: 204681Members
    could also add in whirlpools that shoot down, sucking you in, storm could make the currents they will be implementing 50% bigger / faster, monsters are more aggressive, im not too fond of tsunamis because i don't want the escape pod chilling over the reapers after one stormy night.