Iron Fish Announcement

FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
I don't know much about either game, just curious of how similar these look from some people involved with Subnautica's point-of-view

gamespot.com/articles/psychological-deep-sea-thriller-pc-game-iron-fish-/1100-6427431/

Comments

• SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    That looks soooo similar... Same kind of style and everything. Except that the species have more earthly feeling. The trailer seems to indicate that the game focuses more on horror aspect than SN.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Seems like a rip-off, with the non lethal weapon route, and also looks less visually appealing. I know it's at an early state of development, but looks pretty meh, imho.
  • R1600TurboR1600Turbo AZ, USA Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204090Members
    Subnautica looks WAY better.
  • FrostyFishFrostyFish Unknown Liquid Bearing World Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202652Members
    It seems while Subnautica is more "Survival" based in its gameplay, Iron Fish will be more "Exploration" based in that it will not have resource management/item construction like Subnautica does. It seems like it will also have a more linear storyline than Subnautica. While not a bad thing, it seems more like the two games while similar in general setting and rough concept are very different.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Playing Subnautica in "Freedom" mode is played by many. Despite lack of "survival" aspects, it is still fun.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    I play the 'Freedom' mode exclusively. Subnautica hasn't gone stale yet.

Based on the logic that the Cyclops has a Replicator-like device that could supply food and water indefinitely, assuming that it is supplied with appropriate raw materials extracted from seawater. Wouldn't be an entirely unreasonable game mechanism, either. As it stands, there are insufficient reserves of pelagic (free-swimming) and reef fish in the game to sustain the character beyond a few days, so I've just skipped over the one problematic part of the 'survival' aspect.

Still have Big Nasty, Bleeders, Crashes and Spike Plants trying to tip the scales, though. That's cool.