Earning Fragments

0zman0zman Moon Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204539Members
I love the game a lot its really cool from an exploration standpoint but getting straight to the point I felt like aside from searching for resources there weren't many things I had to earn. Now from a game that is all about exploration I get that earning things isn't the most open minded Idea. However, having to enter the inside of the aurora for the Cyclops mod seemed really cool to me. I think some fragments should be in a specific area so that exploration of more difficult areas becomes a more worth while endeavor just wandering around exploring the world and oh a seamoth fragment( which are way to common atm) so I can explore faster is okay with me. Lets say though that you need the mechsuit to travel to the "river" zone being discussed maybe we could have the mechsuit fragment lodged in a cave deep under the aurora filled with cavecrabs and sharks and heck maybe even a puzzle? so that we have to dig in deep to keep exploring onward. I want the game to give me a sense of progression even if all im doing is exploring . Now this may just be me personally and I dont want the game to be ruined because it becomes a completely streamlined experience that you have to go to point a to go to point b to etc. I want to feel like Im going on little adventures though. I could be wrong though but I would love to see what you all think.

Comments

• SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    edited May 2015
    I mostly agree with you. I think it's planned that the exosuit fragment will be somewhere inside the Aurora. And yeah, seamoth fragments are WAY too common. Even if there was a way to use themafter the initial 1 for the blueprint, we'd still have too many.
    You mentioned a puzzle... I think that wouldn't really work. Or maybe just something like moving rubble with propulsion cannon and/or floaters, but any harder ones couldn't really form naturally.
    There's great ideas circling on the forums about ancient civilization on the planet. Maybe some parts of tech in old cities might encourage exploration. I also think that most of the fragments should be either scattered around the world or lying in Aurora. However, if the reward for getting in places is too high, it might make travelling more loot oriented, which would hurt the exploration experience. So medium rewards here and there would be perfect.