Improve Key Bindings

zer02zer02 Join Date: 2013-08-06 Member: 186590Members
Helllo,

is it possible to improve the key bindings system?

For example: if you type in location in the console you get your current position.

I would like to bind something like : bind "O" "say I need help at : {location} {ping_map}". Something like escaping functions.

If this already exists thanks for help.

Comments

• DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    This would be pretty neat. Not sure if it's possible though. @Samus?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2015
    It's possible to do but I don't foresee it being incredibly useful, and would be specific to what you want, but not really multipurpose. Would not be easy or quick to do
  • roxxkattroxxkatt Join Date: 2014-12-28 Member: 200431Members
    +1 for radial ping menu for players and coms
  • DCMAKERDCMAKER Join Date: 2014-09-02 Member: 198219Members
    Decoy wrote: »
    This would be pretty neat. Not sure if it's possible though. @Samus?

the problem is there are enough keys that you need to bind and mash in this game...i don't think hardly anyone would use this do to all the keys that we must remember and mash already, hence why a headset is far better.