Resource counters v Can I be arsed playing..

PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
Title says it all.. I'm spending more time looking for materials to stay alive and keep the cyclops powered than I am doing anything else. Whilst the "game" is in "alpha" etc it isn't too much to ask to slow the counters down a little. Sure people need to "test" cooking fish and making batteries etc but they shouldn't be expected to be doing it 90% of the game as material get's rarer / harder to find, more and more time is needed just to survive the basic system.

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.. or in simple terms.. makes Subnautica a boring experience.

I've spent 50 hours so far messing around, restarting etc I don't want to play in freedom because I like the survival experience, but it's getting abit much a few hours into the game.

Comments

• SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    edited May 2015
    Resource respawns would fix the problem, since food won't became too scarce. I think the counters are fine now. But I agree with cyclops using too much power.
  • CortanisCortanis some water world in the middle of space Join Date: 2015-04-12 Member: 203362Members
    I've said it before in other threads and I'll say it again. We need some real power systems. The cyclops isn't just burning through power, but it will randomly lose large % chunks of power. I've seen it lose anywhere between 15%-25% power just randomly. We don't just need a power upgrade. We need sustainable power sources.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    UWE has said these are on the list. That said, if you get tired of making batteries just spawn them in.
  • SalmonJEDlSalmonJEDl Finland Join Date: 2015-05-14 Member: 204465Members
    Cortanis wrote: »
    I've said it before in other threads and I'll say it again. We need some real power systems. The cyclops isn't just burning through power, but it will randomly lose large % chunks of power. I've seen it lose anywhere between 15%-25% power just randomly. We don't just need a power upgrade. We need sustainable power sources.

I've never encountered a random power loss. Are you sure it's not because of you docked a seamoth in it? Cyclops will charge it and that uses power. If the power loss is an existing problem, that needs to be fixed quickly.

But yeah, power sources are needed. I think I have written something about them in my suggestion list too. I'm pretty sure we'll get those eventually, but not for a while.