Lowest player count since launch

2»

Comments

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited May 2015
    @IronHorse hahaha indeed, Depth is even more niche than NS2, I'm using it as an example of a game that shares properties of NS2, yet whilst having leaderboards, matchmaking that seems to work just fine, even a "learn" section in the menu acting as an in-game knowledgebase that players can dip into as they please, yet still does not get the formula "right" to retain a large number of players.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Wellp, since combat's been brought up and since wasabi has said that they're kind of hush hush til 275 is out, I hope that if it's not on the CDT's long-term totem to reincorporate ns2:c at least into the main menu, and maybe work w/ faultline on perhaps a price reduction and sort of marriage of the 2 games... that it could be in the future added to it. I think most of us would play combat more often if it was 1. easier to access, and 2. populated.

I actually really enjoyed combat when you could play it. But just had to be in the mood, and soon enough, not enough ppl were in the mood at same time as me. But enjoyed the pt capture game mode, a nice change of pace within same universe, though I would not say that ns2:c caters to ppl who wanna lone wolf and not focus on tactics as much as you might think. team play is still of basic importance in terms of having decent rounds.

Anyways, my 2 cents.
  • Chuck7Chuck7 Join Date: 2005-07-09 Member: 55530Members
    edited May 2015
    http://steamcharts.com/app/4920

Nearly 3 years on, 230 average is really pretty impressive.
    I wonder how higher the number would be if we had combat maps to play :(

Yeah, I wished this and Chivalry still had a large playerbase. These games are overlooked by way too many people. Now a days, all the kiddos just wait for the next 60 dollar "Triple A" game.

EDIT: also to the people who think Chiv has no skill curve, must have never really played the game. Players who have quadruple digits of hours, are not killed by people under a couple hundred hours of play.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Conversation I had with my friend yesterday, I was telling him about Depth and he asked how much
    "I think its about 15-20 euros"
    "What, thats so expensive just for that?"
    "well, how much did you play for the newest halo?"
    "50-60 quid"
    "Umm and 15 pounds is "expensive"?"
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    My example is Titanfall, £50 base game + £20 DLC - Ive hardly played it. Bought NS2 before a line of code had been written, £35 - played it more than any other game since the Alpha.

I wonder how many people still play Titanfall on a regular basis?

Back to NS2 number, aren't we due a steam summer sale soon? :)
  • corundcorund Siberia Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203372Members
    MuckyMcFly wrote: »
    My example is Titanfall, £50 base game + £20 DLC - Ive hardly played it. Bought NS2 before a line of code had been written, £35 - played it more than any other game since the Alpha.

I wonder how many people still play Titanfall on a regular basis?

Back to NS2 number, aren't we due a steam summer sale soon? :)

Titanfall is good game and i believe it has more players than NS2. It suffers from marketing decisions - Titanfall is restricted to origin and xbox. I think Titanfall2 will be much more popular because it will be available in steam.