Should the story continue in space after you are rescued (If you are)

124»

Comments

• CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    I just want it so that you can get rescued, woo yeah! credits, etc whatever, but then it can give you the option to go back into the game, just to play around in it some more. I don't want my save completely deleted or unplayable after I have put all that work into it!!
  • WolfarusWolfarus Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228290Members
    There's some plot reasons for this (the planet was most likely going to be colonized or used in -some- exploration capacity (perhaps as a re-supply base or whatnot), so when you manged to cure yourself, i assume that you are no longer able to be infected, and thus the perfect human to start laying a real foundation for more human expansion on that world..maybe even be the 1st point in a planet-wide cure (or at the very least, a human-applicable cure).

This could set the stage for the background story elements of an expansion (something i'd VERY much like to see, even at this point). More area's of ocean to open up, new biome's. Maybe some bigger, more significant land mass's with more varied land animals, and an expansion on the precursor race (or even an example or 2 of a 3rd alien race that was shot down long before human's found that planet).
  • BreakingForceBreakingForce Join Date: 2016-12-17 Member: 225066Members
    Wolfarus wrote: »
    There's some plot reasons for this (the planet was most likely going to be colonized or used in -some- exploration capacity (perhaps as a re-supply base or whatnot), so when you manged to cure yourself, i assume that you are no longer able to be infected, and thus the perfect human to start laying a real foundation for more human expansion on that world..maybe even be the 1st point in a planet-wide cure (or at the very least, a human-applicable cure).

This could set the stage for the background story elements of an expansion (something i'd VERY much like to see, even at this point). More area's of ocean to open up, new biome's. Maybe some bigger, more significant land mass's with more varied land animals, and an expansion on the precursor race (or even an example or 2 of a 3rd alien race that was shot down long before human's found that planet).

iirc, 4546b was not our destination. the plan was to use it as a gravity slingshot to help get to where we were really going, and then when our ship got close, the array shot it down. i think 4546b is just a random backwater (hah) planet with no plans for it nor any wider interest. the aurora was going to construct a gate elsewhere. the messages do say that any rescue will take years to get to us.

anyway, i've said it before here, and if pushed will probably say it again: i don't think subnautica should have an end or "win" condition. the entirety of the game is about adapting to life in a foreign environment, gradually becoming able to explore deeper and deeper and further and further into more hostile areas. So we develop our technology to live in progressively harsher and more hostile environments more and more comfortably. that feels pretty awesome, and i want that to keep going...not just...stop. give us more reason to explore deeper and hotter areas. add cold as a hazard as well as the heat. expand the world of subnautica (as it is, we can only explore a pretty small portion of the surface of the planet before we start to get into The Endless Abyss...), give us more reason to explore further. give us more ways to exploit the things we find so we can exist more comfortably and take mastery of our new home world. get rid of this "ok, i'm done. cya" button
  • NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    I don't think ANY survival game should have an ending, getting rescued seems too much like its try to make you stop playing. When I play games I don't play them NEARLY as much if I've beaten them (give or take the best ones) so being rescued or doing something after rescue seems to linear for me