[Bug] Tool Tip Graphical Error [16346 Experimental]

ZergonuzZergonuz USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203114Members
This error started after beginning a fresh new game. Upon entering world, the first 2-3 tool tips such as "pick up scrap metal" worked fine. However, they then turned into this...
Bw4Xqo8.jpg

This would occur on all sea-floor tool tips even after save/load and new game file.

Here is output log...

pastebin.com/uU61tX8U

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    edited April 2015
    Thanks, will try to verify later today and then get it reported.

Looks like this happens so the report is here:https://trello.com/c/dfTtKa8f/417-purple-help-text-happens-shader-issue
  • RatskroneRatskrone DE Join Date: 2015-04-05 Member: 203005Members
    This "pretty-in-pink-shader-problem" seems to depend on the active GPU.
    For me (older AMD Radeon HD 7000 series , 2GB) it looks the same.
    gqcQLcX.jpg
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    That one is actually an issue with the shader on the explosion. I believe Obraxis said he had kicked in the right doors to get it fixed yesterday. I thought the other was similar but we had several people get the one I added during the public pt yesterday, my suspicion is that we might be being aggressive on unloading the textures for the fonts/messages and causing the letters to be missing