[Quesion] How to best help the Devs?

AklidienAklidien California, USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203117Members
As I am nearing the end game of Subnautica's current build, I would like to direct more of my attention to helping catch bugs for the devs. I am guessing that they are bombarded with reports, with many of them being redundant. My question for the community is this: What areas of the game do the devs need the most bug testing in, and what is the best method for reporting these bugs?

We have the option to submit in-game bug reports, post to the forum, and email steve (at) unknownworlds (dot) com and jonas (at) unkownworlds (dot) com. Is there a preferred method?

Also, much of the game seems fairly bug-free and well developed. Are there any area of the game that do not have an active community reporting bugs on?

Comments

• SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    I would suggest using f8 with a decent description as to how it happened

Id hazard a guess the most important part of bug reporting is specificity but Idk XP

not sure about where the community focuses on in terms of bugs

Id use the forums if its a large bug that needs attention or has a lot of potential to break the game... Etc

Also there is a post by the devs to show newcomers (to the forus) how to make a proper bug report

• Mshelp19Mshelp19 Cananda Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202441Members
    If you're not already, you should play experimental
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    i already sent like 20 bug and small suggestion messages hope it helps
  • PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    If you get 10 fps ingame, because you're using a notebook and it isn't loading the terrain, don't report red faced bugs trying to claim it's the game at fault when it's actually YOU at fault. Not saying YOU are one of those, but, in a general sense, if you want to help the devs.. think before you feedback. :)