Strange computer reaction to game (proven)

FérchoFércho Colombia Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202789Members
Hello everyone,
Ok so I am having a very strange problem with this game and this game only, I love it by the way, great job; recently I have encountered freezes that completely shut down my PC, when I mean shutdown it´s to the point where even my Numlock button doesn´t make the light blink anymore and my only option is to press that reset button; at first I though it was because of graphics issues but it´s not, I run on a very powerful setup (see below) that can smoothly run any other game such as Diablo 3, Starcraft, World of Warcraft, Titanfall, CODMF, LoL, GW2, SWTOR among others in high/really high graphics withouth any problem at all, even for extended periods of time. Now, the problem doesn´t happen all the time I play Subnautica through Steam, but I would say 4 in 10 times that I load up and play my previously saved file. I tried looking up at the Windows event viewer to try to find a possible error but nothing related shows up, nor hardware, nor software.

Could this be caused by an imcompatibility with my system?

Please advise, and thank you very much for your support.

My PC Specs:
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-9370 Eight-Core Processor 4.4GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2G
Memory: 16 GB (2x HyperX)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Hrmm, It shouldn't be happening that way. However, if/when it happens again, it would be helpful to get a copy of your log. The file is <SN install>/Subnautica_Data/output_log.txt It will be overwritten when you run the game next. So, its important that you get the copy of it posted before you try to run the game again.

• FérchoFércho Colombia Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202789Members
    Confused wrote: »
    Hrmm, It shouldn't be happening that way. However, if/when it happens again, it would be helpful to get a copy of your log. The file is <SN install>/Subnautica_Data/output_log.txt It will be overwritten when you run the game next. So, its important that you get the copy of it posted before you try to run the game again.

Hey, thanks for the support, I just loaded the game about 30 minutes ago and it froze again, so I restarted and managed to get a hold of that log file you asked for; since I couldn´t find a way to post it on here, I´ll share my DropBox link to it. Thanks in advance

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cu3pbegh0k9f2qx/output_log.txt?dl=0
  • PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    Hmm.. his pc could be too high spec for the game as it currently stands. 8 cores.. most games don't support 4.. or 2 for that matter. That's some card you have. Have you tried disabling 4 of the cpu's? Or even 6 of them? That might work.. I had to do that when I got a 4 core when they were released.. run a i5 now, game does crash from time to time.. but not after 30mins. And not consistently.
    Phalaguim wrote: »
    Hmm.. his pc could be too high spec for the game as it currently stands. 8 cores.. most games don't support 4.. or 2 for that matter. That's some card you have. Have you tried disabling 4 of the cpu's? Or even 6 of them? That might work.. I had to do that when I got a 4 core when they were released.. run a i5 now, game does crash from time to time.. but not after 30mins. And not consistently.

Thank you for your reply. I haven´t considered disabling any core at all, would have to look up how to do it, in any case you mention that the game crashes on you, in my case it´s the whole system, my PC completely freezes and the only thing I can do to fix it is to reset it.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    The link you posted is broken:(

Please post a new one:)

It shouldn't be an issue with number of cores. More likely to be an odd issue with a driver or a case of pure mystery:)

The link you posted is broken:(

Please post a new one:)

It shouldn't be an issue with number of cores. More likely to be an odd issue with a driver or a case of pure mystery:)

Sorry about that, I accidentally moved the file to anotther folder. here is the new one. awaiting support ASASP!

Thanks again!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aifdgoepkeaacub/output_log.txt?dl=0
  • ZergonuzZergonuz USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203114Members
    1) Is the CPU adequately cooled? Those 9370s are notorious for overheating like crazy.
    2) Latest driver for GPU?
    3) Hard Drive/SSD almost full? Keeping it full to the brim can sometimes cause weird freezing/lock ups.
    1) The CPU is properly cooled by a Cooler Master Seidon-120m Liquid cooler (checked the status when performance, temperature never rises about 45 Celcius while gaming
    2) Nvidia Driver 347.52
    3) SSD is 70% full (120 GB) HDD is 60% full (1TB)
    Hmm, that log looks clean enough, some error spam but nothing too major. Nothing jumps out immediately..

There was a stable update this afternoon that includes a bunch of bug fixes. Please try that and if it happens again please post a fresh log. They added a bunch of debug information to help out a few builds ago, so that might help get it all sorted out
    Hmm, that log looks clean enough, some error spam but nothing too major. Nothing jumps out immediately..

There was a stable update this afternoon that includes a bunch of bug fixes. Please try that and if it happens again please post a fresh log. They added a bunch of debug information to help out a few builds ago, so that might help get it all sorted out

Hey, thanks for your reply, I am coming to conclusions about why the problem persists; while messing around with easytune6 (came with pc) I saw the tempereature to be increasing little by little. I tried looking up for a way to configure it acfording to my GPU but I couldn´t so I am going to wait until the engineer who put my pc together can work with that and set it up.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    The April 9 Subnautica release made some notable improvements with regards to memory use. Recommend you try again and see what happens.