First Blue Screen of Death since I built my PC, in a decade to add [ONLY REASON FOR POST]

vlosavlosa earth Join Date: 2015-04-02 Member: 202860Members
edited April 2015 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I was testing experimental on build [1090] whilst having the Terraformer spawn on a new game then finding the fragment in the Red Reeds sector, I go to analyze it and BSD! The first in over ten years, I build a new gaming rig every three years or when there is a need to upgrade the hardware to meet the standards, this latest rig was for Crysis 3.

Anyway I shake it off and reboot, then start the game taking it off experimental then loading the save, I discard the fragment thinking that it was the cause and go about gathering material so that I can build a constructor then a Seamoth and so forth ... I put in about an hour or so, then I log off to make some dinner.

I load my game and Tab to check the PDA and it is completely blank!

I should have taken some screen-shots but I was livid ... I had to start over so this time I just used the console to cheat, which I try to avoid.

This is the first time that I had any major issues and I believe that it is due to your updating to the Aurora for your next build release, thought that you needed to know.

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    The BSOD is worrying.

UWE knows about the crashes and is working on them if a crash happens again, please post a copy of your log before you run the game again. Particularly, if if it led to BSOD.

• SeabottomSeabottom Denmark Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202392Members
    Most likely, your hardware got too hot and the computer had to shut down in order to not die. If you overclocked it, please lower your clocks.
  • ZergonuzZergonuz USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203114Members
    Same thought as Seabottom; can you post PC specs and cooling hardware?