Cyclops ~ Swimming whilst driving / Driving the Seamoth whilst driving the Cyclops [Build 15432]

RzR332GuyverRzR332Guyver Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202620Members
That's probably the most confusing title you've seen in a long time, huh?
Well, it's not really that hard to understand.
See, I was messing around in Survival but using the console to mess around with spawning and such. (Don't ask why Survival, I just did.)
Well, while I was piloting the CYCLOPS and just exploring around, I got the bright idea to not only STOP piloting, but to spawn a Reefback. As I typed in the command 'SPAWN REEFBACK' and pressed enter, my character not only stopped standing, but he starting floating, as if he was swimming. Well, that's exactly what he was doing. He was actually swimming inside the Cyclops. When I would press W (Forward) the Cyclops would move forward and my character would swim forward as well. And the same for Back, left, and right.
Let's just say I experimented with this for awhile. I ended up 'fixing' it by swimming to one of the ladders, 'climbing down' and 'board Cyclops'. Don't ask, apparently the game registered me as 'outside' of the Cyclops.
After I 'fixed it', I got the bright idea to do it again, but this time, with a REAPER LEVIATHAN. After typing in that command, not only did the 'glitch' or 'bug' happen again, but my character actually stayed in the same spot this time. I thought everything was fine, but as soon as I started to move the Cyclops forward, my character literally stayed in that spot. I moved the Cyclops back and I 'clipped' through the front panel. I was standing in the middle of the ocean, while 'piloting' my Cyclops. I could look around, but could not move. I eventually piloted my Cyclops to the 'limit' when the world stops rendering and couldn't figure out how to get my Cyclops back. I 'fixed' this by 'right clicking to get out of the pilots seat.' Now only did I NOT stop piloting, but I was swimming again. I eventually swam over to the SEAMOTH and climbed in. After a few seconds of obliviousness, I then realized that I was piloting both the Cyclops and the Seamoth. It was quite an adventure trying to pilot the two as the Seamoth is much faster. After a half-hour of these shenanigans, I 'docked' the Seamoth, 'fixed' the 'bug/glitch/thing' and then decided to write this report.
I honestly, thought this was more fun than anything, because swimming inside the Cyclops was actually funny to me.

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Oh man, the first few weeks of sea bases were full of that sort of thing. go up the ladder at the wrong angle and the whole place fills with water and you have to swim for it. add a window. bad times.

But yes, cheat commands can cause bad times if used in bad places. Use with caution:)
  • RzR332GuyverRzR332Guyver Join Date: 2015-03-27 Member: 202620Members
    But even if used like that, they're rather entertaining. :D