Suggestions !

Comments

• Sold!Sold! Armenia Join Date: 2015-06-23 Member: 205701Members
    Add this nasty lil' beauty I made in 2009 which didn't get picked to be added to a game's ocean back then ;p
  • Fireball14Fireball14 Ukraine Join Date: 2015-06-24 Member: 205721Members
    Hello! New player here, i have few suggestions for bases. I think some of them are already been suggested here but il post them anyway.
    Ideas for base:
    1) Auto-doc station - size of fabricator, use veins and power to heal player.
    2) Shock defense - size of a window,hatch, etc. Constantly uses power. Can only be placed on walls. Creates 3 corridors size(in radius) field that kills any small fish that comes in contact. Helps to defend against swarms of bleeders, bone shark, stalkers, etc. Costs power cell to create.
    3) Auto-repair robot + dock station - can only be placed inside base/subs. Automatically patrols and repairs base damage at rate of 1 leek per min. Every 5 min goes back to dock station and recharges(which costs power).
    4) Water filtration plant - size of corridor (X shaped), constantly use a lot of power to create small amount of water. (50% of player needs). Costs at least advanced wiring kit to create.
    5) Food synthesizer - size of corridor (X shaped), creates emergency food rations from veins. At rate of 50% of player needs. Emergency food rations cant go rotten. Stores up to 5 rations. Costs at least advanced wiring kit to create.
  • sprousey01sprousey01 Join Date: 2015-06-22 Member: 205679Members
    new steam achievements.

1. crush depth. bring the Cyclops or seamoth down past 250 meters
    2. Cyclops. build the Cyclops
    3. radioactive. fabricate a radiation suit
    4. home away from home. build a fabricator in a base or a Cyclops

I would really like to see more achievements for subnautica.
  • Petzl11Petzl11 Join Date: 2015-06-24 Member: 205732Members
    Feature Request:
    The game desperately needs vertical pipes, the model is on Sketchfab but it looks like it has been abandoned, I really would like to have the vertical pipes.
    Feature:
    Having a fish tank in the underwater base, it could house some fish/specimens that you have caught.
  • reff12reff12 america Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204097Members
    I really want to contribute to this game and so here are some of my ideas.

it would be really cool if you guys could add flying creatures that are like a tyranadon where it fishes for peepers and lives on land. it could be tamed and the player could ride it if the made some kind of saddle. it could than be used to explore the map and the aurora to get more resources quicker.

I also want to be able to have a kind of gun, yes I know that you have the stasis rifle but sometimes when you run into one of those bone sharks or sand sharks and the start running into your seamoth and break it you really want to kill something.
  • Deathawaits4Deathawaits4 Germany Join Date: 2015-06-24 Member: 205727Members
    @reff12 i dont think you should have a tamed animal in subnautica. its more about technology and surviving in the deep. Exploring the sea and all. there is already a game where you can tame and ride things, dont know if i am allowed to tell the name since i dont want to advertise for it. But the idea of maybe keeping fish in a tank and breeding some kind of fish for a static food supply would be realy cool. espacially when multiplayer comes.
  • DreadlordDreadlord Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202815Members
    edited June 2015
    I think this has already been suggested in some form or another:
    Though I want to make my own spin on it.

Power consumption on the Cyclops is still a little over the top, even with the power efficiency module. This makes exploring with it really tiresome as you need to create new power cells all the time.. Either in advance or stop exploring to make them.
    Keep the consumption rate as is, but allow empty powercells to be retrieved.
    Then is the old base power generator as a battery recharger. Put up to 6 empty powercells into the power generator and let them be recharged.

This will improve on several points.
    1) There is actually a point to have a base of operations where you can come back to restock and recharge supplies.
    2) You still have a limit to how far the cyclops can go on 1 set of powercells before you need to change them.

Other general ideas that I have though about while playing:

Seamoth: - Implement an artificial horizon instument on the dashboard. It is hard to see when you are deep in open water if the seamoth is leveled out or not.
    - Upgrade with sonar to spot big lifeforms. Would give you a range and a blip where the big lifeform is.

Seaglider: - make it possible to turn off, so that it can be charged by swim charge fins.

Items:
    Compass: Implement degrees on the compass so you can see which heading you have set out on. (This could be an upgrade to the compass)
    paperdoll: Make space for a Airbottle space on the paperdoll. Moving Airbottle from Inventory to paperdoll.
    Airbottles: Make it possible to combine 2 Airbottles to Dual Air bottle. (Can be upgraded later as a dual bottle either as extra light or extended)

The island: - Should contain fruits, berries, alien bananas or coconuts. So that you can go there and stock up on food in addition to fish. Maybe even contain some form of animal to hunt for meat.

How many reapers are there?! I know I have seen at least two. Where do they go when they dissapear. Do they have a lair or something similar: Maybe we could build some equipment to tag them?! So that we can track where they go and what they do?!

Cyclops improvement: Nice to see that doors and locker doors are now animated.
    - How about putting in some locker space between the locker doors in the corridor between the entry hatch and the seamoth docking space. There are some doors that can be opened, but they serve no purpose at the moment.
    - Sonar: I can hear the sub has sonar sounds, but currently there is no way to see the result of the sonar pictures. Please add this so that we can see maybe the ocean floor, mountains etc. Also it could should indicate reefbacks, reapers and other large animals/fish.
    - Make the sub close entry hatch doors when is starts to move. Make door clickable to toggle closed/open state.
    - Make sub dockable or able to connect through powerwire to base for recharging. (in addition to above recharge option)
    - Make it possible to Turn off internal lights or at the very least dim it down. Very hard to see when you run through very dark or deep water/areas when the internal light is beaming like a sun.
    - steering wheel is massive and in the way when trying to fine maneuver the sub. Maybe fix by having a button to remove it. So that you see directly out of the window.
    - Add cameras to the sub to make fine manuvering easier. Should be on each side of the sub as well as the front bottom and top. Could be access by number keys 1-9 (depending on how many cameras there are) while piloting the sub.

Crafting: Make it possible to craft more than 1 item by ordering 10 items of the same type.

Base building: - Should be able to rotate vertically as well as horisontal.
    - Salt is very hard to gather in big quantities. Amounts you need for longer expeditions. For now the living fish placed on lockers is enough, but that will end in a patch or 2. Please add the possibilities of adding a aqarium type of base building where you can let loose the living fish you have gathered. Thereby having a living food storage. Maybe put in that you need to gather some kind of resource to feed the fish in the aqarium.

Options: make it possible to turn off the music. (Though the soundtrack is really awesome. Congrats on that.)

Mysterious signals: More of these please. Awesome exploration missions/reasons.

Other items in the sea: - Maybe some other starship wrecks, ship wrecks from a forgotten civilization (maybe you need to piece together what happened?), Meteorites that have crashed into the sea.

Events: Weather, storms, Sickness in fishes that needs a cure, Categorize the alien life on the planet (could have a pda encyclopedia of the wildlife that has been encountered/Tagged (See over).

Slightly dynamic maps for replayability: In one playthrough you would have the island, in another you would not. Maybe you would have some other stuff instead of the island. This is probably easier to combine with handcrafted maps. Slightly different versions of the map.

I think this will do for now. :D
    Btw Subnautica is a awesome game that I have a lot of fun with. Please continue the awesome work you all are doing on this game.
  • DreadlordDreadlord Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202815Members
    Some more suggestions:

I have seen several suggestions regading GPS, maps, radar etc.
    A lot of these technologies are depending on having a sattelite.
    Being from a space travelling race, I would suggest the possibility to build and launch our very own sattelite into orbit of the planet, before we can start using any Radar, map or gps stuff. This should also include the mysterious signal tracking.

Terraforming tool:
    - Change from a sphere to another form: Sqare,Half sqaure, pyramid etc. Several forms to build and remove terraing throug.
    - Being able to switch between several material textures: Stone, sand, coral, grass, vegetation etc etc.
  • DaleftenantDaleftenant NJ Join Date: 2015-04-29 Member: 203941Members
    I have noticed that two of the most suggested and commented suggestions are elevators and railed transport.

Maybe the best way to do this would be using a set of four rails placed in a square at the same size and shape as the base corridors. and a fixed seaglide like module that moves along it.

These rails should angle and place exactly like the base corridors, with the addition of being able to rotate down to vertical, players should be able to leave the 'cart' at any point and it should stop. Also since the cart would only be able to go one way, their would be need for a Y junction to allow for turn-arounds.

In my opinion this would only work if properly balanced, for instance, it should be faster than the seamoth, due to the cost and restrictions of the rails. But it should NOT provide protection or oxygen to players, that way a player has to make the decision whether its worth building the rails. (personally i would use it for the drop down into the jellyshroom caves where i like to build my base, and over to the kelp forest for foods.)

The rails should have a cost of 2 titanium and 2 fibers (which i believe is where their going with industrial uses for kelp) but should not reduce structural integrity AT ALL. And the cart should cost a seaglide, one glass, one power cell and one titanium bar (for the attachment reinforcement and 'waterscreen' which would allow for faster travel.) and should need to be supplied with new power cells.

Finally in the rather wonderful spirit of subnautica the cart should be able to be upgraded, first to a cart which charges at bases, and then to a cart which is more of a pod, and can 'dock' with your base, allowing you to get in and out without getting your prescious hair wet, and ya know, not getting your face bitten off by a sand-shark.

In summary:
    - quadratic rails for transport
    - viable and sutuiationally different from other transport methods
    - balanced for cost and usefullness
    - upgradeable
    - UNDERWATER TRAINS!

Sorry for the long post, and if i do promise that if this doesn't make it into the final product i will make a mod for it, and it will be called Daleftenant's Hydrorail Mod. Thanks for reading
    Dal
  • Steven5191Steven5191 Join Date: 2015-06-27 Member: 205831Members
    I've got a suggestion, anyone who watches jacksepticeye knows that he's building a base around his cyclops, I was wondering if you could actually add a cyclops port part you could add to your base to officially dock a cyclops to a port that would charge it and keep it from getting damaged. Also, the reaper. It's a super hard enemie slash boss right? Well there's no way to combat it, so I thought of this.
    First go to your workbench with a grabber and stasis rifle.
    Next, combine the two in one of three ways, the first would combine it with quarts and a computer chip to create a rapid fire stasis bullet shooter, which would rapidly fire compressed stasis shots to deal damage overtime.
    Or, combine it with a power cell and a computer chip to make the stasis smasher, which would make a regular stasis bubble then use the grabber to smash the target or targets, which would deal heavy amounts of damage to either one large target or many small ones, but use a lot of energy.
    The last version is either of the two listed already, but in an upgrade form for your cyclopses fish cannon, er whatever its called. This would not only provide an actual long range weapon, but would add a way to defeat the reapers too! That would be really cool to see in the game.
  • sharvysharvy North Carolina Join Date: 2015-04-28 Member: 203902Members
    Mysterio wrote: »
    Now, I am one of those gamers who like to build big bases and decorate them inside so I can show off to my friends. Subnautica I have noticed doesn't have a lot of building materials to chose from to build a base. All you have are tubes, L tubes, foundations and T/X tubes. I have a couple more suggestions to increase the potential to build.

-BOXES! allow a player to build boxes on a foundation or attach it to the end of a corridor to create a square or rounded square room. This can also be allowed to add multiple boxes together to create bigger rooms.
    -On these boxes you should be allowed to add windows to the roof, floor or sides to see outside.
    -Interior lighting to create a more underwater feel, as at the moment the whole thing is lit and doesn't create a good atmosphere
    -Outerior lighting. It should be made possible that you can create some sort of bioluminescent lighting underwater lighting up the seabed.

That's happening soon. Steam controller
  • TechMasterAllenTechMasterAllen Join Date: 2015-06-28 Member: 205844Members
    I love FlanTehScout's ideas the best out of all of these.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I would second the idea of having VERY deep depths you can only reach with very late & advanced tech.. (but not max tech, keep some growth.)
    Then make sure there is really no light-source except what you bring yourself!
    (perhaps a few lighted islands) but the main point would be to have much of whats down there darkened. (make it reflective perhaps)

As you only have limited visibility due to light you bring yourself, you would have a very very very VERY long time exploring that vast darkness.
    Add goodies to find & success?
    What about underwater flood lights that can be attached to the underwater base, you could be able to turn them on/off via a switch and control the brightness via a dial.
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The ability for player made items that cannot be crafted and appear randomly. Added via the workshop. Would be fun to find a pair of sneakers down in the deep waters.

You can collect those for your aquarium.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Also I have been wondering.
    We are supposed to be on this water planet for a long long LONG time, solo.. right?

Humans are group animals.. Surely this would not be preferably for sanity.
    • So perhaps your char will talk more to him-/herself after some time?
    • Perhaps capture/train or grow from birth/train a fish or aquatic animal?
    • More and more talks with ship/base AI?
    • Or perhaps throw him/herself at work? Trying to research everything which ALSO would need research upgrades?
    • Ya know, anything to keep sane?

Beacon usage can become cluttered.
    If you dump a lot of beacons around your entire map will eventually be filled up by names and blipping circles.. Perhaps a idea to add a tracking / nontracking mode which is easy to switch?
    Set the tracking mode to various lengths?

If I was planning to spend a unknown amount of time on a planet, I would think.. cartography.
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    I would second the idea of having VERY deep depths you can only reach with very late & advanced tech.. (but not max tech, keep some growth.)
    Then make sure there is really no light-source except what you bring yourself!
    (perhaps a few lighted islands) but the main point would be to have much of whats down there darkened. (make it reflective perhaps)

As you only have limited visibility due to light you bring yourself, you would have a very very very VERY long time exploring that vast darkness.
    Add goodies to find & success?

That is going to be implemented.

Petzl11 wrote: »
    What about underwater flood lights that can be attached to the underwater base, you could be able to turn them on/off via a switch and control the brightness via a dial.

Floodlights will be implemented, but I don't know if they will have a dimmer. I assume not. Players will be able to turn them on and off.
  • FisteFiste USA Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204924Members
    -I would like to be able to use the Escape for more than a starting location it becomes useless after sea base has been started, maybe make it attachable as a room, relocate near base, reduce flotation/add ballast to slowly sink. move near desired location and attach via vertical connecting tube.

-I would also like to be able to add a spiral for vertical movement, using the 90 degree corners giving them the ability to move under a section if they are going to collide with an area that they cannot connect to, adjusting the other connected corner tubes to match the slope required for the spiral.

-Archaeology tools that can remove natural debris from an area if there are ruins underneath.

-Be able to completely remove/relocate plants that are growing into the sea base, the tools are there just need to have them work.

-A way to monitor base or multiple base status from a device that can be built and placed in base or on Cyclops.

-Surface structures should not have the same structure degradation as their underwater counterparts, also they should have weight, so when built on a floating island supported by floaters, the structures should add weight to the isle and if too much is built on or attached to the isle it will begin to sink. Also the floating isle should move, could have it moving toward the Aurora causing another event to deal with.
  • FisteFiste USA Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204924Members
    I would also like to be able to adjust down the terraformer area of affect.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited July 2015
    Hi Dev Team !

Here's just a list of feedback ideas for the next update :
    • create the possibility to build bases on the backs of reefbacks
    • create swimming beacons
    • create beacons that can attach on solid surfaces
    • make creatures of a same species differ in size because they all just seem like clones
    • create land-living animals, or animals that live both on land and in the sea
    • create flying animals just like in the trailer
    • create the possibility to actually see the map of the Subautica world in the game, so that you know where you're going
    • name the planet you're on
    • name each different biome on the map
    • whenever you enter a new biome, make it obvious that you're doing so, like say so or play a different music for each different biome
    • create actual deep-sea animals
    • create the existence of certain diseases and antidotes (do not make these diseases aggressive, though)
    • create the possibility to have more than just one saved game in the menu
    • create a sort of jet ski
    • make the weather vary, because it's just so boring that the sea stays steady as a rock and the sun keeps coming up and down with no clouds
    • add a clock so as to keep track of time passing by
    • create a sort of encyclopaedia of all tha marine life which is consultable, BUT if the player wants to see an entry on a marine life form, he/she MUST have encountered it first
    I might add more ideas to this comment, so please consult it regularly.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited July 2015
    Second bunch of ideas :
    • to me, there seems to be too many living animals; I think it would be amazing if somewhere, the skeleton of a really massive ancient animal could be found and used to find various raw materials found nowhere else
    • make the weather vary, because it's just so boring that the sea stays steady as a rock and the sun keeps coming up and down with no clouds at all
    • add a clock so as to keep track of time passing by
    • create a sort of encyclopaedia of all tha marine life which is consultable in the game, BUT if the player wants to see an entry on a marine life form, he/she MUST have encountered it first
    • make the terraformer work at any depth (for jacksepticeye : https://youtube.com/watch?v=RgsedxQzRds )
    • the swim charge fins should also be able to charge the sea glide (again, for jacksepticeye : https://youtube.com/watch?v=JeSMoB8B9yo )
    edited July 2015
    Third bunch of ideas :
    • I think it'd be cool if the player could create with the builder a sort of a shark cage which just stays in mid-water and in which the player can enter to escape and observe a hostile life form. The cage isn't transportable, and can therefore be left at a biome where a dangerous animal is found (stalkers are found in some creepvine forests, sand sharks are found in the grassy plateaus, bone sharks are found in some mushroom forests...). For air to be accessible in the cage, the player can simply install some tubes from the surface.
    • I can't remember who asked this, but someone wanted these wierd things to be in the game : 5p12ak4i2mvy.jpg
      I don't know where they originally come from or what their name is, but they do seem cool, and wierd enough to look alien. I rather feel that they could be some sort of scavenger swarming around the sunken skeleton of a really ancient and massive animal (see my second bunch of ideas)
    • Many people didn't like my idea that the map of the Subnautica world should be seen by the player, stating that this will make travelling too easy. Well, I've had an idea : this is the same principle of my idea of a consultable encyclopaedia (see my second bunch of ideas), meaning that if the player wants to know the directions to some area, he/she must've already been there (the undiscovered areas on the map are blurred out)
    Fourth bunch of ideas :
    • Naming the cyclops is really cool; why not do the same with the life pod and the seamoth ?
    • The map needs a sort of polar biome with ice caves, creatures and resources only found near ice
    • Whenever the seamoth, cyclops, escape pod or a base is almost out of power, white light all around could be replaced by dark red light to add more drama (for Awesomecrunch : https://youtube.com/watch?v=B1epB_KLO5U)
    • Depending on which biome a creature can be found, different creatures should see only certain colours of light (so for instance, creatures living in the kelp biome are very sensitive to green light, creatures living on the grassy plateaus have a sense of sight similar to ours, creatures living deep can't see red light...)
    • Following the last idea, the flashlight and headlight on the seaglide could be upgraded using the workbench so that they produce a certain colour, depending on where the player is planning to go
    • I've heard that the developers are working on a sort of plantation that can be grown on reefbacks. That is an EXCELLENT idea, but remember that reefbacks move, so it'd be difficult to find the plantation again. The only way to easily find an area is to place a beacon close by, but beacons don't move; they just float in mid-water. So here's my idea : beacons can be upgraded using the workbench so that they actually stick to the belly of a reefback or other large animal. That way the player would never loose his/her plantations.
  • AlexlordAlexlord Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204586Members
    My collection of suggestions:

-Something that will look like small locker or medkit box(one inside of escape pod) and serve as fridge,you put all the eatable items in there to keep them from rotting and decomposing.

-Cables (with gravity) between power sources,accumulators and bases (my opinion cause I like it more than wireless system).

-Device for recognizing and using signals(same device will be build by default in cyclops.

-Make beacons attachable to all kinds of surfaces(inside and outside of a base,rock,sand,animals like reefback and reaper leviathan)

-Ability to change beacons signal shape(from default circle to tree,monster,volcano,cave,base,island...).

-You will need to upgrade your builder so he can build anything beneath 300 meters.

-Ability to place plants you took or scanned onto custom terrain you built or in aquariums.

-Flora,Fauna and resources regenerate extremly slowly over time where there are used (but only where there is no sign of player build terrain or bases to avoid creating farms).

-Ability to place map inside of bases or cyclops that will show all explored terrain and beacon locations.

-Under 300m builder recipe for windows change from 2 glass to 1 enameled glass.

-A new vehicle that will serve as underwater train.It will be the shape of a capsule with windows all around so you can see everywhere,it will stop only in stations that are connectable to all bases,it will go on cables that are placed on pillars(one every 300 meters).All of the parts will be build with builder.It will serve as travelling on already explored places(for example station big mushroom tree,station flying islands,station koosh zone...).oghvtje6stoa.jpg
  • Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2015
    Hi, this i my idea how a "Research-Feature" could be implemented to the Game!
    a) first two Screens Show something like a camera, which allows u to scan/take Pictures of creatures/plant u aim on and give u some extra visual Feedback on Research-Progress and maybe known strength/weaknesses! (buff/debuff icons)
    if the creature/plant is unknown u get a visual cue (red border)
    b) the lower screen shows a basic example how the "Research-Log" may look like. listing all known Facts, Progress and so on.
    if u reach 100% Research-Progress u can "send" the log to Altera Corp to receive some nice bonuses/buffs connected to that creature/plant
    gp0mwm18evc8.jpg
    the idea is abot a) and b) working together. a) beeing the way how to gather intel and b) how to display it, what u learn from it and so on. like a ingame wiki of some sort.
  • ZixinusZixinus Hungary Join Date: 2015-07-22 Member: 206338Members
    Two small ones, apology if already given by others:

1. Once you researched a fragment to blueprints, you can recycle fragments of that into a random component (or subcomponents) required to make that item.

2. Have sandsharks attracted to flares, allowing players to get away. Maybe have reapers paralyzed for a moment by them.
  • Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Now that we have the Aquarium ingame, i thought: "what about the big fish?".
    So here is my solution/suggestion:
    g6timy0gsloj.jpg

it is something like a holo projector that can project any blueprint u find or any researched creature/plant! (http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2246126/#Comment_2246126)
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Hi, this i my idea how a "Research-Feature" could be implemented to the Game!
    a) first two Screens Show something like a camera, which allows u to scan/take Pictures of creatures/plant u aim on and give u some extra visual Feedback on Research-Progress and maybe known strength/weaknesses! (buff/debuff icons)
    if the creature/plant is unknown u get a visual cue (red border)
    b) the lower screen shows a basic example how the "Research-Log" may look like. listing all known Facts, Progress and so on.
    if u reach 100% Research-Progress u can "send" the log to Altera Corp to receive some nice bonuses/buffs connected to that creature/plant
    gp0mwm18evc8.jpg
    the idea is abot a) and b) working together. a) beeing the way how to gather intel and b) how to display it, what u learn from it and so on. like a ingame wiki of some sort.

I like this idea generally. I think the PDA should just give you the % progress and brief overview of research progress currently going on back at base or on your cyclops though. You collect data with your PDA but the brunt of the work is in progress at your base/cyclops.