Building item with not enough space will make it drop.

GISPGISP Battle GorgeDenmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
Destription:
Building an item that takes more space than the materials used, with a full inventory. Will drop the item on the floor.
How to reproduce:
Example: http://imgur.com/AJazGNj
Build a constructor with a full inventory. - See it drop to the floor.

Comments

• straskstrask Arizona Join Date: 2015-03-17 Member: 202257Members
    ... and if you do so while standing very very close to the fabricator, the dropped item will appear OUTSIDE the escape pod. :)

But I think dropping it on the floor is the right method. Alternatives seem worse.... allow inventory to exceed normal limits? Disallow fabrication? I'm just not sure a better solution exists, and there is very little disadvantage to dropping it.
  • DablinDablin New Zealand Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202432Members
    I think it would be better in this case if the item fabricated just spawned and remained on the fabricator bench where it is made until its ready to be picked up.
  • lardmanlardman UK Join Date: 2015-04-23 Member: 203761Members
    This caused me problems today, I built the constructor and presumably didn't have enough inventory space for it, so it dropped inside the lifepod and became stuck in the floor with no way of selecting it. It, or the bots, then proceeded to throw the raft around a bit (they were all gyrating around inside the lifepod). After saving and restarting I was able to use the constructor, but it's still embedded in the floor with random bots flying around inside the lifepod.
  • PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    Lardman - Trying going outside under the pod and see if you can pickup the constructor from underneath.
  • VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Items dropping through the side of the pod (or other place where the fabricator could be placed) is a problem. I like the sound of the solution to leave it on the fabricator bench and the player has to pick it up before being able to craft anything else.

I will double-check this in the latest experimental build later on and raise a bug to the devs if I can confirm it :)