ENORMOUS cave under the whole shallows area!

VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
Well... I just found the most enormous cave! Dunno if anyone else has seen this too, but I left NE from my lifepod and when it got to the red grass plains, there was a little hidden cave system. I went in and saw those jelly mushroom things and thought that was it, then I found a hole in the side of that bottom area... and HOLY CRAP! It led to the most insanely huge underground cave I've seen so far in this game. There were about a million bone sharks there, stalactites, strange corals and plants...

The whole thing went on for ages, I couldn't even see the roof or the other walls. It was going deeper and deeper down to over 250m!

Eventually I found a small network of holes far on the other side, I started going up rapidly and eventually saw some light shafts. I followed them and got out much more quickly than I had got in.

Where I came out surprised me... instead of being NE of my lifepod, I was SW of it, by a long way! I Had literally gone underneath the WHOLE shallows area and out the other side, through this enormous cave o_O

Has anyone else see this?!

I'll definitely be building a base close to the entrance I found in the red grass and doing a lot more excavations here... there were rocks to smash all over the damn place :D

Here are a few snaps I shot while down there, and the position of the entrance I ended up coming back out from:

H4CVC9P.jpg

shCvqWC.jpg

CijFU1P.jpg

ZZZJuZy.jpg

Dt1DTAr.jpg

Comments