END GAME THOUGHTS?

2»

Comments

• mikeycatzmikeycatz Join Date: 2015-03-26 Member: 202594Members
    edited March 2015
    I feel like the mid/end game would need something a bit more than just crafting everything and exploring the entire map. Perhaps implementing some possible side missions which would lead to the total exploration etc. For example weak beacon signals which you could be other survivors of the crew that are in a worse situation than you, and don't have the means to create the various equipment and vehicles which you can and require rescuing by you. You could have various scenarios such as having to reach new depths or dive into treacherous caves and in order to reach them you would require to craft certain equipment/suits/vehicles. This would drive you to explore more to find these resources in order to create such items while giving you a goal to work towards. The survivors that you rescue could give you neat little perks such as catching food and storing it for you saving you little survival chores or providing new building plans depending on their profession etc. This would also be a cool way of implementing possible dlc by adding new rescue missions in order to introduce a new weapon or building plan even.

These beacons/power sources could also be traps, since on an alien planet you don't really know what you expect. They could be power surges from monsters perhaps which could be mistaken as beacons and this leaves you with never truly knowing whether you are on a rescue or possible suicide mission adding that sense of excitement to an already exciting game.

Another idea I feel would be exciting if perhaps uncovering what caused your ship to crash into the alien planet, what was the reason perhaps being able to enter the ship and investigate coming across some alien lifeforms perhaps.

There are countless directions this game could go in and all of them are exciting. I feel these would definitely add a nice sense of purpose to the game, providing goals and a sense of excitement to the player other than just building a giant base. However we are still in early and I cannot wait to see this game progress :).
  • raneldorraneldor colombia Join Date: 2015-03-25 Member: 202546Members
    edited March 2015
    explore and find a way to keep going deeper, where food is scarce and aggressive flora and fauna. gotta set up bases at key points so you can get mats from that dept and upgrade, but you will have to go up and resupply every now and then. eventually you reach the bottom, there is no way to keep going down. terrible creatures lurk around, you are low on food, water, oxygen and energy (you need light). after a while gathering some stuff around a main base you set up at the bottom, you feel confident enough to explore around. first you find out there is a ceiling and you just came through a hole in it, there are nasty creatures with weird ways to survive, some at the ceiling of this "zone" some at the botton, you gotta harvest them to gain knowledge and craft better gear for the dept (idk something like a mask with night vision, better rebreathing). now you can stay extended periods of time down there and feel safer. keep exploring, find intelligent life, they are not happy to see you there.... and then ZOMBIES!! (lol jk) out of inspiration but you get the idea.
    but remember, too reckless and you die, spawn all the way up at the safe zone and whatever you were using to get down there is, well, down there xD

Edit: inspiration is back!! forget intelligent life. EXTINCT ADVANCED CIVILIZATION, gotta explore ancient ruins filled with traps and creatures to find blueprints (fragments) of top tier stuff to survive and dominate this land, maybe find what you need to repair the ship. maybe add some lore? what happened with the civilization if it was so advanced? maybe a disease? maybe a monster? radiation from a ship that crashed? they left because there were no resources? maybe the world is ending? we have to find out... or not
  • Zoltan_aZoltan_a Belgium Join Date: 2015-02-28 Member: 201609Members
    Let me think very hard... fall in love with an alien mermaid and have many fishy kids ? :-\"

Seriously I want to be surprised, whatever they come up with.