Unable to saved load game

ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
Something snapped since yesterday. I haven't been able to successfully load a save game. It's been a heap-stack error during the Load Game splash screen, although this latest case was just a straight Windows crash.

I'll be doing a clean install shortly, but is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Yep same for me since build 14320. Error unable to load SNUdata bla bla :(
  • ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
    I'm getting that too. That's the same error we got when spawning a ship and save/reloading. The heap-stack error on load was surprising, and heap-stack errors in general seems to happen with saved games over 60 minutes more often than not.
  • Gr4pheneGr4phene Germany Join Date: 2015-03-05 Member: 201731Members
    I just made an account for replying here, because it is frustrating. I bought Subnautica yesterday, so I was never able to save any progress. I made a backup of my save, so hopefully I can load it when the error gets fixed.
    edited March 2015
    I've almost pinned down what's causing the Build18 error.

And found it. Breaking/looting a limestone node and saving causes the "Error loading SNUnmanagedData\Build18" break while loading the save file. Just breaking the node caused it to reappear on the game loading (the copper chunk was on the ground below it). Rebreaking it and looting the titanium resulted in the bug. I'll test further to see if it's the titanium specifically or just looting the node.

You can speed run this little bug. Load a new game, break the first Limestone node you see, loot the chunk. save, quit, reload, error. Bad save in under 30 seconds.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    So, it looks like its broken on the experimental build for now. As usual if you are looking for stability the main branch ought to be okay( i haven't looked). The devs are trying to get the save to be less bad feeling ( get rid of the 5 second + hitch). so things are likely to be broken. Even if you can get your save loaded as of last night it broke seamoths even if you could get it loaded. Hopefully things should get fixed soon, but until then :(

Finally, in case you want updates on how the fix is going the report is here: https://trello.com/c/5cvL4jCl/297-loading-a-saved-game-is-failing-on-cs-14274

Bam!
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, but it's weird it's taking so long. I can only imagine the back-end tangle they're dealing with.

Still live as of 14412 L-) Bit of a tough one, huh?