Arctic Biome - Introducing my concept for a late game Subnautica

zastelszastels Join Date: 2003-11-29 Member: 23731Members
I've had such a blast experiencing Subnautica that I've spent the last several days researching everything from the arctic ocean to arctic flora and fauna. My vision for late-game Subnautica is one that is very challenging to play. To make it unique it flips a lot of gameplay elements on their head. Typically speaking, the surface to which a player normally finds to be a safe place is now actually very dangerous due to freezing temperatures, high winds, and other dangers. Players are encouraged to spend more time under water near the seafloor where hydro-thermal vents create warmer water and are host to bioluminescent life making it easier to navigate compared to the surface which has thick ice blocking out most light even during the daytime. The arctic is not just host to predators of the sea, but annoying birds of the air! You can even befriend some bioforms in order to gain an advantage!

I've made this document open to everyone to read and comment on who would be excited about an arctic biome. Please share your thoughts in this thread, I will be adding great suggestions to the document and generally improving it over time. I'm especially interested in some unique bioform names.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10-3eG6KUWmVVyWxC-IQf201r5Inf3AUU9x-Ncpz8cFg/edit?usp=sharing

Comments