Lava Biome and Crystal Biome, found them

SukriNSukriN Michigan Join Date: 2015-02-16 Member: 201390Members
I went searching around the perimeter of the available biomes, on the back end of the red grass biome really, and followed the perimeter where it goes off into nothing and the edge of the aforementioned biome until I came across the Crystal/New Reef biome that is being worked on. I went a little further and bit deeper, around 400-650m deep, where I found the lava zone. Unfinished of course, but the sounds are there, and they are eerie, even without any lava pools, steam vents, and lava lizards. The Crystal biome was really amazing at night, beautiful. The massive spires that show up all over there are incredible, and surprisingly, it reaches all the way to the surface.

Also, the Lava zone is directly southwest of where I am when I am facing the ship. Just make sure to turn on oxygen cheat to make it down there. Or you can try to use Seamoth to get a glimpse before it runs out of energy. Just make sure hug the seabed as you go down, otherwise you will miss the entrance.

I took a few screenshots, I have many more, but one of them shows where I am in perspective to the the crashed ship for those of you wanted to check this place out.

EDIT: Having terrible luck apparently trying to put images in my posts...

Album Here:
http://imgur.com/a/FD2Bj

KRBHuj6.jpg

EDIT2: Aha, figured it out. :D

Comments

• SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Nice, looks cool... I wonder what creatures will be in the crystal biome
  • SukriNSukriN Michigan Join Date: 2015-02-16 Member: 201390Members
    I feel like you could see the shocker in the crystal biome, but more like it will just end up like a reef area for smaller fish. I can't really think of any kind of alien predator fish that would fit there since it's such a steep biome. A lot of drops. I would think there could be some kind of jelly vine type of organism like in some of the deeper caves. I could see vines like that hanging off of the ends of the rock spires there.
  • MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members
    Crystal biodome is just majestic. First time i saw it, although it's WIP i was starring for so long time saying just wow.

There should be big caves probably also inside those giant Crystal mountain as possible mineshaft for diamonds etc. (would be really awesome)
    Also a giant monster living inside it.

I'm so happy with the scale of this masterpiece. I hope there is no limitation with level-design.