New editor UI

MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer Posts: 1,737 admin
We've been working on revising the user interface in the editor. Here's what it looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TehCCCACdM

If you'd like to try it out, it's available right now in the beta branch on Steam. Please post any feedback or suggestions you have here.
Max McGuire
Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment
Howser

Comments

• SufferMyJoySufferMyJoy Canada Join Date: 2015-01-21 Member: 200968Members Posts: 3
    I like it a lot - I think it makes it a lot more obvious how the object panels work and that clicking them will provide more information regarding that object
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members Posts: 1,595 Advanced user
    Is there a way to "dock" certain popups/views onto a secondary display?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,154 mod
    Racer1 wrote: »
    Is there a way to "dock" certain popups/views onto a secondary display?

Last time I checked, no, it's something I've been requesting for a while though so that you could move the asset browser onto another screen.
    My mods --- Watermod collaboration with Feha
    For some reason, the instant you ask players to behave differently to be successful, they associate that with bad mapping. - KungFuDiscoMonkey
    Z5UIr2s.png