NS2 YouTube stuff

PopcornPopcorn Join Date: 2014-07-21 Member: 197545Members
It's not a drawing or concept art, but I found no place to post regular YouTube NS2 videos in these subcategories, so this thread had to be made.
Redirect me in case I'm wrong, pls.

Anyway, I Just finished a little project on YouTube
If you made something as well, please feel free to share it.
I'd love to see it because I feel that lot's of videos go unnoticed.

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is it me or does summit look out of place?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    The lovely cinematic feel from NS2 is indeed something aweinspiring...
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Some say the game is not that beautiful, they're lying.

Nice video though, look at 1.52, he found a bug! (detail)

What's the name of the song? I'm curious and love it actually.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2015
    Pelargir wrote: »
    What's the name of the song? I'm curious and love it actually.

/me slaps @Pelargir ;;)

Description:

Music:
    Ed Harrison - Beacon
    http://edharrison.bandcamp.com/
  • PopcornPopcorn Join Date: 2014-07-21 Member: 197545Members
    look at 1.52, he found a bug!
    I didn't even see that lol, good eyes

Yes, the song is from Ed Harrison, he made the OST for NeoTokyo (very old cyberpunk-ish game).
  • Anti_BosonAnti_Boson Join Date: 2013-07-03 Member: 185878Members
    edited February 2015
    Music is from NeoTokyo! Download the mod and you can get the full soundtrack.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Nice viddddd there
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    lol it figures that Docking's video has a massive hole visible. (1:48)

Nice video! :)

@Nordic yea Summit is definitely the most erm... "beauty-impaired" map of the bunch.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

@Nordic yea Summit is definitely the most erm... "beauty-impaired" map of the bunch.

You could at least read other comments before posting! :p
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Another beautiful video Popcorn :)
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

You could at least read other comments before posting! :p

Wasn't saying I was the first to find it!
    I found some lovely animations so I made another one
    edited September 2015
    Hehe cool vidya :D

However just some friendly warning. By using that song you're playing a dangerous game with your YouTube/Google/Adsense account in terms of copyright infringement :-S Ranging from:

- getting shut down in the worst case scenario
    - a copyright strike content ID issue (1/3 is shutdown, I think)
    - if you're lucky having to acknowledge third party copyrighted content (where the copyright holder places ads on your video)

Especially if maybe in the future you want to take it up a notch by going partner or something. YouTube has a lot of free music and also legal mainstream music in the "Ad-supported music" tab. Just be safe with that stuff ;)https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music
    Thanks for the warning.
    I've been using royalty free and public domain music so far and I thought since this is a remix, no one will even notice.
    I've also read somewhere that stuff like this can be considered "fair use" and shouldn't be a problem as long as it's not monetized, but I'm not really sure.
    Guess I have to check up on that :)
    edited February 2015
    Oh it definitely is "fair use" filed under parody, but it is a very VERY grey area... And it doesn't always save you from the automatic content ID or people claiming stuff (false claims can even occur and stick). YouTube has that very annoying bit where we are guilty until proven innocent (opposite world). Just making sure you stay safe :P
    I appreciate that, thanks :)
    edited February 2015
    To keep the ball rolling:

Btw I've got no idea what that... white stuff... on the floor is.
    It's... everywhere.
    Smells a lot like a weird graphical glitch with pathfinding mesh. Also this vidya makes me wish flaytona racing was back for NS2...
    Hm okay, that's way beyond me lol
    Also had to look up what Flaytona is. That sounds hilarious!
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Nordic wrote: »
    Is it me or does summit look out of place?

Summit looks ok when you colour correct slightly + choose nice shots selectively.
    This took me way longer than you'd expect:

Thanks to Samus for helping me out <3