Suggestion: Food Processor Module

BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
While playing around with the Cyclops in survival mode, I was trying to go as far and deep as I could, but kept running into one big problem: having to stop and gather food.

I solved this by spending about half an hour capturing fish, gathering salt and making bleached water so I could explore without having to stock up (yay for a full locker of food and water!).

A very useful structure that might be a good idea is a food processor module that could be built into the Cyclops. This way, in the new areas you explore, if you need food, just catch fish, and the food processor will remove any negative effects without needing to constantly gather salt. The water side may need a limit-per-day so that its not just removed once this thing is built.

I only bring this up since all that time I spent gathering food and preparing to explore was wasted when I reloaded the game and the cyclops was gone :(

Comments

• SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    I think this should be fixed when those deeper regions are actually populated with fish and other resources :P
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited February 2015
    Its more so that you can do other stuff in survival mode aside from the Eternal Quest for Salt™
    I rarely find myself doing eternal quests for salt... Though it would make sense to upgrade to make food slightly easier to get in some way
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Texas Join Date: 2015-01-11 Member: 200765Members
    So...you are REALLY complaining about SURVIVING in a SURVIVAL game? DON'T play in survival than, there is a gamemode for that.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Not complaining, just pointing out that in most survival games I've played, what you need to do to survive evolves as your tools do.

i.e. once you have an established, high-tech base (cyclops), some of the more menial survival parts diminish. like gathering salt.

But I guess that its only me who doesn't like gathering salt for everything needed to survive.

edited February 2015
    Hmm, I agree, but not with your specific suggestion that's all
  • Nuki255Nuki255 US Join Date: 2015-01-06 Member: 200658Members
    I'm still hoping for some kind of desalinator! Remove salt from water, boom two things done at once.

On a chemistry level, it's not terribly difficult to do (and yet our real world is slowly losing fresh water supplies).
    ^That's actually a perfect idea for what we're talking about
  • The_HawkThe_Hawk South Africa Join Date: 2015-02-12 Member: 201321Members
    I love the idiea but i would rather have the food processor stoor food salt and chlorien for you so you can get a limmited amount of one click meals and water without having to build tonns of lockers and it ell8minates a bit of the tedium of cooking food but have to do a run every now and then to restock the processor.

just my 2 cents
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    It appears the devs already plan on having some kind of "resource silos" that allow for nearly unlimited storage of certain basic elements like salt, metal, etc. The thought is these resources could be *automatically* used by attached constructors/fabricators, without the need to pull them into your inventory first.
  • Natedog731Natedog731 Canada Join Date: 2015-02-15 Member: 201366Members
    This just made me think of that spongebob BC episode where they discover fire.

nick.com/videos/clip/100great-bc-clip.html