Q: Preventing game killer

UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
Hi,

Imagine there's a structure above a TP and you want to prevent a sneaky gorge egg that will surely use bilebomb.
What would you do to prevent any alien to evolve here ?

I can't remember the geom/texture/group to use.

I checked this :
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=351327660
Couldn't find it on the forum either.

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    There isn't, I have considered making one but haven't.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Rather than having a mysterious spot in which aliens cannot evolve for no clearly communicated reason, I'd say avoid putting something up there to begin with. Best way to tell the player they cannot go up there and evolve is to not have something up there.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    @SamusDroid
    I really thought this function was available.

@Flaterectomy
    Well. Even on official map there are some spots that are just like that. Or close to it.

And sometimes for the sake of Art it is needed to create something on top. Server, Subsector, Cargo, Shipping etc...

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    You can try no_cling but I doubt that will do it