Bring back the skulk taunt!

d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
The skulk taunt silently disappeared quite a number of builds ago. It was "replaced" by the skulk chuckle sound instead. It would be nice to get it back.

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    A very long ago I replaced the original Skulk taunt sound with chuckle due to high demand. It's unlikely I will change it back. I would make the chuckle sound the taunt sound but then it would replace it for all lifeforms
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    @SamusDroid‌

Here's a great place to request the xenophorm spotted bind again :D
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    A very long ago I replaced the original Skulk taunt sound with chuckle due to high demand. It's unlikely I will change it back. I would make the chuckle sound the taunt sound but then it would replace it for all lifeforms

Is that so? Looking through old threads it seems that what people actually wanted was the ability to bind chuckle to a key, not have it replace the taunt.

And in this thread you are saying that it was done without you or 90% of the PT knowing. AFAIK the chuckle sound is now bindable* and so all that has really changed is the loss of the "real" skulk taunt.

* Don't quote me on this.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I prefer the chuckle for skulk over the old sound. Although, I hope the gorge taunt never gets replaced, its so great :)
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    aeroripper wrote: »
    I prefer the chuckle for skulk over the old sound. Although, I hope the gorge taunt never gets replaced, its so great :)

Yeah, I also think the chuckle is a more appropriate taunt sound rather than the old growl. However, I don't see why it would be too difficult to have them both available.
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    What was the old sound?
    edited January 2015
    devel wrote: »
    What was the old sound?

The skulk growled in a kind of way. The chuckle is definitely a better taunt but completely removing the old sound is quite a shame.

Edit: If you type "chuckle" in the console it will for some reason play the old skulk taunt.
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    d4rkAlf wrote: »
    Edit: If you type "chuckle" in the console it will for some reason play the old skulk taunt.

It can play two different sounds that way. One with some lip/jaw sound.
    devel wrote: »
    d4rkAlf wrote: »

It can play two different sounds that way. One with some lip/jaw sound.

Yeah, I noticed. :-/
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

It's my cellphone notification tone. :) Every time I get an email or text, everybody's all "the hell was that???"
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

It's my cellphone notification tone. :) Every time I get an email or text, everybody's all "the hell was that???"

Mine is the gorge and when someone calls me its the beacon sound. Either way people get freaked out.
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

Nordic wrote: »
    Mine is the gorge and when someone calls me its the beacon sound. Either way people get freaked out.

That's actually pretty neat. I might do something like that as well.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2015

The demand was to have chuckle and taunt both available at the press of a key,
    the demand was not for skulktaunt.wav file to be replaced with chuckle.wav

So now every life form can chuckle OR taunt except the skulk. Heck, even EGGS have two separate sounds for chuckle and taunt.

Oh I just noticed @d4rkAlf‌ mentioned everything I was mentioning. Good jurb :)

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2015
    Yuuuuuuup very sloppy indeed. I've already spoken with who got this done. It's silly and was done without me, or 90% of the PT knowing...
    A very long ago I replaced the original Skulk taunt sound with chuckle

:-S

#sleepcoding
    #toomuchcoffee
    #imconfused
    #theremustbearationalexplanation

Hope this gets looked at some time though :)
    edited January 2015
    Alls well that ends well though. Sorry for trips :D
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited January 2015
    @meatmachine, you make me think about some other guy in some other thread that doesn't know the edit fonction.

Apart the fact that you edited all your 3 messages already.

^_^
    @Pelargir‌

Edit fonction is best fonction :D
    The forums deceived me on two separate occasions separated by many hours, thought I was editing but ended up DPing.. Twice :P
  • roxxkattroxxkatt Join Date: 2014-12-28 Member: 200431Members