Can't find certain servers

MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
ok this one is a little tricky and I kinda doubt that you can help me but I'll give it a try anyway.

It looks like that since yesterday I can't find any of the TAW servers. Not on the server browser and if I try to join via steam then I get an IP shown and the server is not responding. Affected seem to be ALL TAW servers (pub and non pub ones) and I seem to be the only one having this problem. I can join other pub servrs though.

The tricky part is that I have no access to our router. The only thing I can think of as a reason might be the hurricane in this region we have since yesterday.

Anyway some kind of help would be nice

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Yea it could be a downed node.
    Have you tried running a tracert to the server ip yet?
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    yeah I did. the trace route did not seem to go through my router though. And pinging the server was also strange. I got 0ms with 0% packetloss. Anyway I will try to restart my router in a couple of minutes (maybe hours) when my family isn't using the internet anymore
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited January 2015
    So I made a ping and a tracert to the server I can't connect to:

6899c8c263.png

sry for the german client though

note that the server is located in UK
    ok it's fixed. For those who ask how...

The server owner had to update his IP.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Weird.. still doesn't explain the underlying issue though (assuming others were able to join the server just fine?)
    None the less - thanks for posting the solution!