Badge Options

skulkgatoskulkgato Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183645Members, Reinforced - Gold
Is it within the engine's capabilities to allow the client to upload an image file to the server?
Sorry If I haven't seen it suggested before, maybe our badges can be whatever .bmp or .png we upload? For a small fee per file we create or some such gimmick? Sort of like cs sprays.
When I really think about it it doesn't make sense because then why would anyone buy a particular badge in the first place, especially if they can clone it for cheaper. Does this sort of thing make steam screenshots turn into some legal issue like Rust's genital censorship?

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Sadly not. :/
    I would totaly make a badge of my forum image in a heartbeat if it were.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Call me old fashioned but I miss the sprays from the old days of CS:S and whatnot.

And titty rooms in custom maps ^_^
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Call me old fashioned but I miss the sprays from the old days of CS:S and whatnot.

And titty rooms in custom maps ^_^

Yes me too 8->

THE SPRAYS!!! :-t
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Ahh the good ol'days with my dr.pepper spray
    Or the fake counter-terrorist on the wall
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2015
    Fake egg spawn spray for me, it actually worked sometimes :P
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Used to love the sprays in dod and cs that people would spray on a wall at eye-level and looked like a sniper or someone aiming you down. SOOO funny to see people spray n pray a wall... Over and over. LOL
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Wow, please no... no custom user-images... just no...
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Aye, we'll see skulks on walls, or marines on walls. *shudder*
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Could I paint a skulk on the ceiling?
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    I want to know how people who sold a game for $1 three months after release are expecting to sell a game making game?

I'm not really good enough to improve on battle zone (maybe I am, I do need a job though) - just how big are the maps in future perfect?
    I want to know how people who sold a game for $1 three months after release are expecting to sell a game making game?

I'm not really good enough to improve on battle zone (maybe I am, I do need a job though) - just how big are the maps in future perfect?

Not sure what this has to do with this topic :-? maybe ask this question over at the Future Perfect forum section?