Effectiveness of Ink ability (Or lack of)

2»

Comments

• sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    can't you just have two shades and alternate inks?
    Cooldown is global.

It wasn't always this way.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Cooldown is global.

This always makes me sad
  • HoeloeHoeloe Switzerland Join Date: 2014-03-02 Member: 194487Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    @sotanaht‌
    Thats why i think Ink itself is not useless. Drop the damage of ARCs to 1/3 is verry powerfull.

@SantaClaws‌
    For me Shades are found and shot too easy (resswaste) when you use them aggresive to cloak players. I don't wanna cloak Cystchains cause a lot of marines shoot them on their way to specific spots (like Platform on Tram). So i know much earlier where those marines are. Building Whips and agressive forward bases to cloak comes up in late midgame after the most upgrades where done and u have ressources left. So i still don't see any use for early placed Shades.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hoeloe wrote: »
    @SantaClaws‌
    For me Shades are found and shot too easy (resswaste) when you use them aggresive to cloak players. I don't wanna cloak Cystchains cause a lot of marines shoot them on their way to specific spots (like Platform on Tram). So i know much earlier where those marines are. Building Whips and agressive forward bases to cloak comes up in late midgame after the most upgrades where done and u have ressources left. So i still don't see any use for early placed Shades.
    Shades give you vision of the marines whether they are attacking or not.
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Cooldown is global.

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2015
    Knowledge is power my friend, like alot of people still dont know if you look down at the floor and healspray it heals twice as fast but the off shoot is that you can't heal anyone else, great for solo battle gorges :)
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    Knowledge is power my friend, like alot of people still dont know if you look down at the floor and healspray it heals twice as fast but the off shoot is that you can't heal anyone else, great for solo battle gorges :)

are you serious?
    edited January 2015
    @soccerguy243‌ Yeah, I have no reason to lie lol
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    He is making fun of you.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited January 2015
    i personally like the idea of stationary aliens being invisible to an obs or beacon with 1 of the shade upgrades active, if they movethey would obviously show up

also aura on the shade structure and shade hive seems pretty good
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    I would imagine that a still onos would surprise the marines very much, provided he is out of the fov of the marines after they scan.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited January 2015
    I'm not sure what the solution is to be honest, because before cooldown or if cooldown isn't global you used to be able to completely block arcs from firing, like 100% cockblock, which is too OP in my opinion. That isn't to say it wasn't incredibly fun trolling the marine com by doing it.