General Questions Thread

LyeLye Washington Join Date: 2014-12-23 Member: 200238Members
Essentially, I'm creating this thread for all the smaller questions about the game that are small or insignificant enough to not warrant their own thread creation. Feel free to add your own.

1-Will Subnautica support 4k resolution downsampling? I'm not saying you should push to get Nvidia's software into the game (like PhyX), but allowing the game to be optimised through GeForce with Nivida cards would be a very nice addition.

2- What 3d modeling software do you guys use? I understand the game is made on Unity, but to create all the fish and other models you'd need to use something like Blender, Maya, 3dsMax, etc?

Comments

• AerofluxAeroflux GA, USA Join Date: 2014-12-22 Member: 200206Members
    I've already seen bits of Maya in the rigging process for the bleeder...at least I think it's the bleeder. That little three pronged doo-dad that chirps about in the recesses of the shallows and caves.

3- Do any artists on the team use ZBrush for models in Subnautica?
  • LyeLye Washington Join Date: 2014-12-23 Member: 200238Members
    I actually answered my own question. So long as a game supports 4k resolutions, with a Nvidia card it can be downsampled; before I just never bothered setting Subnautica to anything past 1080p, but it does run at 4k, and it looks very nice too. :smiley:
    Aeroflux wrote: »
    I've already seen bits of Maya in the rigging process for the bleeder...at least I think it's the bleeder. That little three pronged doo-dad that chirps about in the recesses of the shallows and caves.

3- Do any artists on the team use ZBrush for models in Subnautica?
    Would make sense, Maya is a very flexible tool, and I could see the team using it.