Objects could use bigger hitboxes

MiriMiri Mississippi Join Date: 2014-12-24 Member: 200245Members
Very often I find myself digging up sand when I try to pick up salt, limestone, flint or any other small things (even when the reticle is on it) - and it's never a matter of actually trying to pick up sand (with the object getting in the way) So I feel you guys should mark it down on the todo list somewhere down the road that objects should have a slightly bigger invisible box to click to pick them up.

Capture.png

Perhaps make them all (invisibly) spherical for picking up, and higher priority, but still very small, just a slight buffer for misclicks, to save some frustration? I'm no programmer, good luck.

Comments

• AerofluxAeroflux GA, USA Join Date: 2014-12-22 Member: 200206Members
    That's just a collider box, should be an easy fix, but I have no idea how the change would affect in the rest of the game. I had to look it up though, most of the experience I have (beginner) is in UDK/UE4.
  • LyeLye Washington Join Date: 2014-12-23 Member: 200238Members
    This does happen fairly often, and normally I wouldn't see this as being too big of a deal, but whenever you pick up the sand underneath it, it leaves the salt (or whatever item is there) awkwardly floating in midair. (midwater...?) Hopefully they'll fix items like that to behave like the various ores and minerals you can collect that fall to the surface after being broken.