Subscribed to deleted workshop mod

ceribikceribik Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69492Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver
I may have deleted one of my mods without unsubscribing first and it seems that steam thinks I'm still subscribed.

I get the following error message when connecting to a server or when in the mod list:
error: mod "*mod_id*" doesn't contain a valid name

I tried deleting the Workshop folder in my settings/cache folder for ns2 but it didn't help.

Is it possible to manually subscribe from the mod in question? I have the mod ID.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2014
    I guess the given mod is still in your remote settings:

Open /Steam/userdata/<steamid>/4920/remote/options.xml with a text editor (like notepad++ ) and
    search for <active_mods> delete either all mod ids in that field or just the one you want gone. Save it and start ns2 ;)

• ceribikceribik Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69492Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver

Open /Steam/userdata/<steamid>/4920/remote/options.xml with a text editor (like norepad++ ) and
    search for <active_mods> delete either all mod ids in that field or just the one you want gone. Save it and start ns2 ;)
    Ok, I just took a look and it only has my activated mods. The deleted mod (ID) isn't there.

Any other ideas?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    ceribik wrote: »

Open /Steam/userdata/<steamid>/4920/remote/options.xml with a text editor (like norepad++ ) and
    Ok, I just took a look and it only has my activated mods. The deleted mod (ID) isn't there.

Any other ideas?

Can i get a full log ? (post it at pastebin or gist and share the link here)
  • ceribikceribik Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69492Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver
    edited December 2014
    ceribik wrote: »

Any other ideas?

Can i get a full log ? (post it at pastebin or gist and share the link here)
    Sure:

http://pastebin.com/zcvf69Dc

I just noticed a new potentially-relevant error that only appears upon closing NS2:
    [ 33.363] MainThread : Error: Attempted to load remote options from a file that does not exist.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    You mean you deleted the mod from your workshop folder, not from the workshop itself, right?

If you mean the mod in your workshop folder then just Ensure steam cloud is enabled for NS2.. then double check your mods list in game. It should sync properly.

If you mean you deleted the mod from steam workshop... well, you're hosed. You just have to wait 24 hours for workshop to update itself and recognize that you are subscribed to a deleted item and it should be automatically fixed.
    IronHorse wrote: »
    You mean you deleted the mod from your workshop folder, not from the workshop itself, right?

If you mean the mod in your workshop folder then just Ensure steam cloud is enabled for NS2.. then double check your mods list in game. It should sync properly.

If you mean you deleted the mod from steam workshop... well, you're hosed. You just have to wait 24 hours for workshop to update itself and recognize that you are subscribed to a deleted item and it should be automatically fixed.
    No, I deleted the mod on the workshop (to fix what I thought was a bug).

It has already been 24 hours and it still hasn't auto-fixed itself. I could try waiting another day..
    Ok that second mod you are loading 15598f4c doesn't exist in the workshop anymore. Also i guess that mod loads the old ns2 version 272 as you can see in the log.

Please remove it in your remote/options.xml <active_mods> field. Also do me the favor and delete everything in /home/rob/.config/Natural Selection 2/Workshop/ . Then retry it.
    Ok that second mod you are loading 15598f4c doesn't exist in the workshop anymore. Also i guess that mod loads the old ns2 version 272 as you can see in the log.

Please remove it in your remote/options.xml <active_mods> field. Also do me the favor and delete everything in /home/rob/.config/Natural Selection 2/Workshop/ . Then retry it.
    That mod (15598f4) does still exist, it's just hidden and only visible to me. The mod in question causing issues is 12ea1446, which really doesn't exist at all anymore, yet I'm still subscribed to it somehow.

Admittedly, it (15598f4) gives the same error messages (whilst hidden) as the deleted mod, but that's not a huge issue.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2014
    At this point I strongly recommend removing all mods.
    Deactivate, unsubscribe , delete. (to include your options file)

I've had this issue before where I was subscribed to a deleted mod. Waiting 24 hrs *roughly* fixed it..
    But, we actually included a fix for this specifically anyways and it's been in the live build for the past 4 patches! Meaning you really should not be experiencing this.. So i think it's smart to begin removing other variables like other mods.
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I had the same problem and the only thing that I found that actually worked was completely reinstalling NS2.
    At this point I strongly recommend removing all mods.
    Deactivate, unsubscribe , delete. (to include your options file)
    I just tried this and it didn't work.
    I've had this issue before where I was subscribed to a deleted mod. Waiting 24 hrs *roughly* fixed it..
    But, we actually included a fix for this specifically anyways and it's been in the live build for the past 4 patches! Meaning you really should not be experiencing this.. So i think it's smart to begin removing other variables like other mods.
    I think it might be an issue on Steam's end.

Is there any way to manually unsubscribe? I tried calling the UnsubscribeItem JS function from my subscribed mods page on the steam site, but that didn't help.
    d4rkAlf wrote: »
    I had the same problem and the only thing that I found that actually worked was completely reinstalling NS2.
    I don't see how that could help.

• UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Hi,

I think the whole thing is broken. I couldn't download the last update of my mod either.

The workshop item doesn't update in Steam when you publish nor it updates in the game.
    8744e3aaa5177ff7e06decdda2f03c.jpg

Yesterday i tried to connect on SCC server and it gave me the same behavior on another map (missing required mod). Same on my server (now).
    b59122677da2a07acea93160367386.jpg

Whatever it's steam or NS2 I think not a single case.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Welcome to the annual - Nothing can be downloaded from the steam workshop because Valves servers and bandwidth cannot sustain a Workshop and a Sale at the same time.
    ^ this seems to be the case. Took me reconnecting to a server 3 times in order to finally download 1 mod..
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    I'm quite above 20 times...
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Perhaps try changibg steam download servers, maybe that helps
    Tried. same.

Subnautica updates quite well (max bandwidth).

Log : Opening the game clicking on "mod" and then exit
    Date: 12/23/14
    Time: 13:07:56:
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Build 272
    Windows 7 64-bit (build 7601)
    [  0.073] Unbound/Unknown : Error: PhysX: Invalid Cuda context!
    Steam initialized
    Num displays: 2
    Direct3D 11 initialized [feature level 11.0] (AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series)
    Sound Device: Haut-parleurs (Realtek High Definition Audio) stereo
    Record Device: Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Mounting mod from C:/Users/Tex/AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/Workshop/m812f004_1418931985/
    Mounting mod from C:/Users/Tex/AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/Workshop/meb0bbc6_1415567441/
    Mounting mod from C:/Users/Tex/AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/Workshop/m101b4e31_1413321482/
    Loading config://ConsoleBindings.json
    Loading config://FavoriteServers.json
    Loading config://HistoryServers.json
    [Elixer (Client)] Loading Utility Scripts v.1.80
    [Elixer (Client)] Using Utility Scripts v.1.80
    NS2+ Main Menu mods loaded. Build 236.
    Main Menu Initialized at Version: 272
    Steam Id: 4775308
    [ 19.026] MainThread : Error: Error installing mod '"NS2_Outer_Rim_Ark"(f9f6aed)' (download failed: 28)
    [ 29.982] MainThread : Error: Attempted to load remote options from a file that does not exist.
    [ 29.991] MainThread : Error: 1 memory leaks in 'ModServices' (1524 bytes)
    [ 30.885] MainThread : Error: 1 memory leaks in 'Client' (1524 bytes)
    [ 30.985] MainThread : Error: PhysX: Foundation destruction failed due to pending module references. Close/release all depending modules first.
    [ 30.985] MainThread : Error: 10 memory leaks in 'PhysX' (2280 bytes)
    [ 30.985] MainThread : Error: 10 memory leaks in 'Physics' (2280 bytes)
    [ 30.985] MainThread : Error: 11 memory leaks in 'Engine' (3804 bytes)
    CinematicsUpdate: exit
    ClientGame::UpdateWorld: exit
    CollectGarbage: exit

Leaks ?! ...

With Unresponssive menu fix enabled (though it doesn't seem to load):
    Date: 12/23/14
    Time: 13:26:16:
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Build 272
    Windows 7 64-bit (build 7601)
    [  0.060] Unbound/Unknown : Error: PhysX: Invalid Cuda context!
    Steam initialized
    Num displays: 2
    Direct3D 11 initialized [feature level 11.0] (AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series)
    Sound Device: Haut-parleurs (Realtek High Definition Audio) stereo
    Record Device: Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Mounting mod from C:/Users/Tex/AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/Workshop/m812f004_1418931985/
    Mounting mod from C:/Users/Tex/AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/Workshop/meb0bbc6_1415567441/
    Mounting mod from C:/Users/Tex/AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/Workshop/m101b4e31_1413321482/
    Loading config://ConsoleBindings.json
    Loading config://FavoriteServers.json
    Loading config://HistoryServers.json
    [Elixer (Client)] Loading Utility Scripts v.1.80
    [Elixer (Client)] Using Utility Scripts v.1.80
    NS2+ Main Menu mods loaded. Build 236.
    Main Menu Initialized at Version: 272
    Steam Id: 4775308
    [ 17.525] MainThread : Error: Error installing mod '"NS2_Outer_Rim_Ark"(f9f6aed)' (download failed: 28)
    [ 34.543] MainThread : Error: Error installing mod '"NS2_Outer_Rim_Ark"(f9f6aed)' (download failed: 28)
    [ 40.473] MainThread : Error: Attempted to load remote options from a file that does not exist.
    [ 41.479] MainThread : Error: PhysX: Foundation destruction failed due to pending module references. Close/release all depending modules first.
    [ 41.479] MainThread : Error: 10 memory leaks in 'PhysX' (2296 bytes)
    [ 41.479] MainThread : Error: 10 memory leaks in 'Physics' (2296 bytes)
    [ 41.479] MainThread : Error: 10 memory leaks in 'Engine' (2296 bytes)
    CinematicsUpdate: exit
    ClientGame::UpdateWorld: exit
    CollectGarbage: exit

Definitely, something gone wrong.

@UncleCrunch‌
    Your issue is different than his.