GREAT LAUNCH!~ hope to see more!~ GJ!~

punichanpunichan USA Join Date: 2014-12-18 Member: 200100Members
Hey Dear Devz!~
I saw your game play over at Youtube, and left a comment... some guy told me to share it with you ... so her I am...

First, Great looking game you got there, and looks VERY PROMISING INDEED! Great animated trailer too... gives sense of mystery, and great dark threat looming over... nice job on the first impression, nailed it!

I was just talking about how this great Proto-Terraforming-lost-water-world is a great back-drop for an open world survival game! I also like how you guys are making it more mysterious, and wonder, than horror filled and frantic like most other game tend to go by... (of course... never played it, and haven't seen the night cycle yet)... I was totally drawn in by the fascinating clear water and colorful ocean life you put in to the game... so... clean... which brings me to the topic of the Category; Suggestion/Ideas...

Environments:
Clear water with day/night is great, but to make full advantage of the "open world exploring/scavenging" I was thinking, and perhaps these already exist, or you are already planing them... Deep Sea (game mechanics needed for... water pressure, lighting, digging/smashing/drilling tools to get through...etc), Vocanic (Heat proof, lava float, steam/smoke/fog screens) Sea forest/reef/seaweed fields, Ice/frozen places (under the Ice sheet (cold temp, lifepod can't travel on ice, can only explore by swimming under ice sheet) Poison/polluted/toxic/uninhabitable waters (survival/radiation/biohazzard gears) barren/muddy/murky waters, runes/caves/inside of giant animals/alien-cities?/crashed-mothership?? (basically dungeons) ...Etc

Ego-system, and creatures:
May be hard to ask... but many survival games lacking this touch to actually bring their nature to life... make each animals have behavior to fit their role of their biome (can be contained/limited to their own Environments, and once out, they die quickly, because water/habitat don't fit...) thus have grass eaters, meat eaters, meat eating grass, large eaters, scavengers, hunters, advanced race..(yes, I saw the trailer, and guess that was what E.T.-CATHULU was about...)..Etc adding a nature's behavior will give "submergence" (heh..) to your world... and a layer of realism that NO OTHER SURVIVAL GAMES HAVE EVER GONE FOR... and with that said... more exotic creatures and their otherworldly behaviors/habits/hunting styles!!! like... A lantern-fish creature that uses it's "lantern" to fake a small fish to catch bigger fish that programs to eat that specific small fish but then gets eaten by this bigger scarier "lantern-fish" creature (just one example of how 3 creatures interacts with each other)

Life Pod:
It's home, base of operation, safe place, workstation, deposits, it's you(or your personality/play style... It has to be able to extend/expand, and move, maybe not fly, but you may need it to be like a space station on water, that moves like a slow ship, modularize, and customize as one see fit, to have different functions, decors, and trophies (yes, animal heads platters, or their rare species babies incubators;pets??) gardens (grow food), chem/mechanic/bio/tools/weapons labs, storage/showcase-displays (like a pod that have entrance, and all stuff are hanged on racks, but none accessible to others [multi-players?] except the master of the house. Energy station (all sorts, like solar/heat/wind/sea current...etc) (powers the entire base to move/fight/function..such as heating when player reach cold area, and needs to go back B4 freez to death after explore for a while... generates/charges batteries too)

Stories: game progression)
I saw alien giant Kathulu thinggy in the trailer... 1. perhaps the story is that one ship was sent to inspect/help the Proto-Terraforming of a planet, but was under unknown attack, and crashed on to the planet... deep down, the planet was already inhabited by another advanced race... and when you terraformed their home... they were pissed off, forced to live in a water planet, they seek you out with rage... (fending off advancing alien race while upgrade/exploring the planet..) 2. A Proto-terraforming planet is a harsh place to live... you are on your own... can you survive till you find ways to contact your race? 3.You are lost on this water planet... are you alone? will you find friends? or will you find something more sinister? 4. Survive <---This long---> till you get rescued... before THEY find you.... (Forest?!) 5. you must find a way to get off this giant puddle, scavenge, search, built, survive to construct a way to fly out of here before what ever attacked your ship gets you... etc...

yeah... like I said B4... this game have GREAT launch, keep the momentum, and set a new standard for survival games!

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Everything you have talked about is pretty much the types of things the devs have been talking about adding to the game. The main difference is your home will be a submarine, rather than the life pod. The lifeopod is just a starting point currently.

They are planning the current standard survival mode, but also a hardcore mode. Ultimately, I think what you have asked for is the kind of game that UWE are striving for.
  • punichanpunichan USA Join Date: 2014-12-18 Member: 200100Members
    Sub? GREAT!~ sho-excited!~ hopefully we get to do upgrades, mods, and decos too! like starbound? wishing for multi-player gaming too~