Just bought 2nd monitor...

Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
I just bought a 2nd monitor and I set it up in "surround spanning" mode to be able to utilize the 3840x1080 backgrounds... I set my left monitor up to have the taskbar and most of the desktop. Unfortunately when I start NS2 instead of opening on the left monitor like I want, NS2 starts on the right monitor. It blacks out/shuts down the left monitor and there's no option to change screens (only 2 options: Display 1 and Default). Is there a way to fix this issue, or am I going to need to change to non-surround mode every time I want to play NS2?

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    You have to set up surround in nvidea control or amd catalyst first so both monitors are recognized as one monitor.
    I tried gaming on ns2 at 3840x1080 for fun a couple weeks ago. I just set up surround in v It was kind of silly having the crosshair split between two monitors, but I expected this. The FOV was ridiculous too.
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well see I don't want play ns2 over 2 screens... I really only want to play ns2 on 1 monitor and I want that monitor to be the left one instead of the right one which it seems to do now. I only really want Nvidia Surround when I'm not gaming (at least until I get a 3rd monitor). Is there a way to get NS2 to do that (like a script/setting I need to have)?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2014
    Well see I don't want play ns2 over 2 screens... I really only want to play ns2 on 1 monitor and I want that monitor to be the left one instead of the right one which it seems to do now. I only really want Nvidia Surround when I'm not gaming (at least until I get a 3rd monitor). Is there a way to get NS2 to do that (like a script/setting I need to have)?

Not really as throw "surround spanning" your graphic driver is emulating your two displays as one to windows and all software. The only way for you to keep ns2 on one display would be playing in the windowed mode!

If your goal was only to get the task bar onto the second monitor i suggest to use some tools like http://sourceforge.net/projects/dualmonitortb/ (free) or http://www.displayfusion.com/ (shareware) instead of Nvidia Surround which is meant mainly for surround view gaming.