NS2_Nexus Feedback Thread! (Formerly Nyx, Updated weekly!)

13»

Comments

• Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Dude thats amazing countinue great work!!!
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    and here we have a good example of how routing with lights work
  • radionautradionaut california Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181192Members, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Gold
  • malxmalx Join Date: 2014-12-02 Member: 199917Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    fun fact- an onos with charge can make that jump :>
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    malx wrote: »
    fun fact- an onos with charge can make that jump :>

Have you considering putting a small amount of collision there just so this doesn't happen accidentally?
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    you mean something like a railing?
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Mephilles wrote: »
    you mean something like a railing?

no he means like a floor, just a little bit to avoid onos dropping to their doom so quickly and easily.
  • malxmalx Join Date: 2014-12-02 Member: 199917Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    edited October 2016
    i could put up a small rock lip.. although i think players would still somehow, accidentally or intentionally, find a way around it ;)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    A railing would do, but I was imagining something more like a rock lip so you can't just W key your way in there. If you accidentally or intentionally do it, there is not helping you. I have accidentally fallen off crevice before so there is that.

I think it would be better if it could still be intentionally used to make that super jump, but not just W key off.
    I've added a railing that should work. Also, a basic guide for the map: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=779394486
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    you can see through this rock if you look up from below https://i.imgur.com/WnUBGcN.jpg
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I played my first round on this yesterday and was really impressed. Lots of unique memorable areas, and the game was intense.

I think it could use some higher contrast lighting. The whole map feels very flat visually.
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Played another round on this yesterday and loved it. If someone could dig in and do a visual tune up, I'd love to see this go official. It's well balanced, memorable, unique, and feels like a real place, and these are very difficult to achieve simultaneously. I want to play more rounds on it just to learn how to fight in all the different interesting rooms.

My only real complaints with it are visual:
    1. There are a lot of bad-looking afterthought hallways. The rooms are generally close to the mark, but the hallways aren't. Lots of fighting happens there, and this drags down the overall feel of the map.
    2. The lighting is generally pretty flat, and makes it hard to read the geometry of the rooms. Spots highlighting the main paths through each room, and especially entrances, exits, would help a lot. Generally, the floors should be brighter than the ceilings for big rooms to read correctly, and this isn't always the case.
    3. There are some big issues with texture choice, especially at the boundaries of textures and props (where the dirty props often clash with clean textures.) I think it could benefit enormously from reworking the textures/props on the ceilings especially.
    4. There are also lots of things built with geometry that could benefit from being replaced with props or adding prop ornamentation.

I vote for this every time it's an option now. Great job, and I hope it continues to get some work now and then.
  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue
    So is this the thread where we can discuss the new Emerge tech point? What's the reasoning behind it?
    I didn't see an emerge techpoint. But if there are changes to the map a changelog here would be amazing
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Nintendows wrote: »
    So is this the thread where we can discuss the new Emerge tech point? What's the reasoning behind it?

I THINK it's a joke.
  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Nintendows wrote: »

I THINK it's a joke.

It was there for 2 days. And then mysteriously reverted...
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    I love the ReadyRoom :D purely amazing