The Game in it's Current Condition is Idling at a Seven.

MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
This game has me by the short hairs which for me personally says allot about it (for myself only, I can't speak for anyone else). Now with the latest post by "Squeal Like a Pig" confirming that there will be survival aspects integrated into the game has me relieved, and feeling a bit foolish (way of life I'm afraid).

In my opinion the only survival aspects is about taking care of the basic needs of your character, and in real life such as food, water, shelter, warmth, cures for disease, and/or reduce the symptoms of any particular disease or infection you may contract along the way along how to repair any injuries (cuts, deep wounds).

I know some people think that these things can be cumbersome but in reality it is cumbersome at best of times. Now with certain games which are on the market at the moment do make the survival aspects a bit way out of tune with what is real (I won't say which games), but that is because they each are driving their survival Adventure so to speak.

I understand that when people hear survival they do think of DayZ, and that is rather sad but expected since the market has been saturated with zombie survival games (just too many of them).

To be honest Dayz or any other game didn't come into mind when I started inquiring about survival being thrown into the mix because this game is nothing like those other games.

Anyway, thanks for the clearing that up for me, and yes, the game even in it's current state is a good seven out of ten, and that is pretty damn good for a pre-alpha.

Comments

• SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    I think the more general issue is just that there isn't much gameplay in there right now, survival and otherwise. This will be changing a lot over the next month or so as we focus more on game play.

How much survival will there be? Who knows. I imagine at least a little. But the point is, if the game is just fun, players wouldn't be missing things we decided to exclude.